Different between size #13 & #675 battery?

NaidaUP

Reaction score
What the different between a size 13 battery and a 675 battery?

Had a look at my friends size 13s today my 675s and I couldn't see any different apart from the size. They both say 1.45v and are Power Ones batteries.

Is there any different apart from the size between any of the HAs batteries?

No idea. which one is expensive to buy the battery that would answer your question??? ha

Ah, My friend has a naida S and it last long for her about two weeks with 13s size battery.

It depends totally on the HA. Most of the higher-powered ones use 675. I'm not sure if higher power = larger battery but that seems to be the case, often. The ITE (in-the-ear) uses the size 13 for space (and lower-power) reasons.

Ah, My friend has a naida S and it last long for her about two weeks with 13s size battery.

Naida S Super Power takes a 13 battery. The Naida S Ultra Power takes 675 which I have. Mine last 8 days.

It depends totally on the HA. Most of the higher-powered ones use 675. I'm not sure if higher power = larger battery but that seems to be the case, often. The ITE (in-the-ear) uses the size 13 for space (and lower-power) reasons.

I wonder if the larger the battery the more battery power even tho they are both 1.4v which got me confused.

Naida S Super Power takes a 13 battery. The Naida S Ultra Power takes 675 which I have. Mine last 8 days.

you have ultra power. what is difference between super power and ultra power.

it sounds like strong one which is ultra therefore it needs 675? just a thought. :dunno:

I believe that 675 were out for a long time before 13 was so it was the norm, When The manufacturers were trying new ideas , they developed 13's. so they had 5, 10, 312, 13 and 675's on the market. 5 is obsolete I think, and the 675's are on the way out. They will not stop making 675's but they will phase out thee HA's that uses 675's. I use 675 and I am not worried about availability for at least 10 years.

you have ultra power. what is difference between super power and ultra power.

it sounds like strong one which is ultra therefore it needs 675? just a thought. :dunno:

I've since looked at my Grandads size 10 and they say 1.45v as well. According to my understanding, #10, #13 and #675s give out the same power?

from my understanding if you put the size 13s with a high power aid it wouldn't last as long..the bigger the battery the more "juice" apparently..this was what my audi told me

They all have the same voltage, but as size go up they have more mah, (milliamp hours)

I recommend check to your audiologist battery to exactly on your know battery tell you advise! audiologist have warranty have battery also know have everything include battery! audiologist explain to me

It's recommended that the correct battery be used in hearing aids. Usually, it's because of how the battery was made and how it holds it charge.

Some batteries can be substituted with other batteries, but it's risky and can cause burnouts, overheating, malfunctions, etc.

Using the wrong battery can also void a warranty.

They all have the same voltage, but as size go up they have more mah, (milliamp hours)

Correct.

The bigger the battery, the more current it produces over time. Some hearing aids require very little electric current, which means you can use a smaller battery.

Keep in mind that Zinc Air batteries are an exception to the rule. Once you peel back the tab and allow air into the battery, the chemical reaction starts, and you need to use the battery immediately. Even if you turn the HA off, the chemical reaction in the battery is still breaking down, so it will not last many days.

I use hearing aids with 675's. I've only had one hearing aid that used 13's, but it was too underpowered for me over all.

Why are they phasing out 675's?

I use hearing aids with 675's. I've only had one hearing aid that used 13's, but it was too underpowered for me over all.

Why are they phasing out 675's?

They say because HAs are getting smaller so they would need smaller batteries. I really hope they don't get rid, I've only ever used 675s.

It's also because quote from an Audi- I know how the rumour started though. I think it was Resound who put it out their most powerful #13 BTE with the message that it had enough power to make the 675 battery redundant; which could have easily become 675's are becoming obsolete after a few Chinese whispers.

Fingers crossed they don't actually get rid!

I've only ever used 675 batteries too. I'm sure that as long as they produce HAs that require 675 batteries, they'll have to continue producing the batteries, otherwise who would buy the HAs?

I think here in Britain it's fairly safe to say that the NHS will continue to provide batteries for any HAs they supply.

Until technology improves there will be a need for 675 batteries for the most powerful HAs, otherwise we'd have to be changing batteries far too often. I know that CIs need battery changes frequently, but it isn't necessary with HAs, and if it did became the case the manufacturers would receive complaints.

Back