Difference in services?

S0rceress0

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me what the difference between a videophone and an online service such as skype or msn/yahoo video chat programs would be?

I am completely unfamiliar with technology directed specifically for the Deaf to use.

Could anyone tell me what the difference between a videophone and an online service such as skype or msn/yahoo video chat programs would be?

I am completely unfamiliar with technology directed specifically for the Deaf to use.

The differences between the two are any VRS installed applications provide relay services, it will allow deaf people to communicate with hearing people using interpreter whereas Skype/Yahoo/MSN do not. Also, using VRS VP allow to connect home/mobile VP such as Sorenson VP 200, SNAP VRS Ojo, ZVRS Z-340, mobile Z4, Sorenson nTouch etc... this is called Point to Point VP. Skype/Yahoo/MSN are not compatible to any of VRS VP, however using Skype as for example can be use for deaf people to communicate to other ASL users (deaf, parents, terp and such) who have Skype on their end.
I hope that helped?

VRS being Visual Relay Service? I'll have to look up the actual equipment. It does help thank you :)

Back