Did your parents freak out when u get tattoos/piercings?

MilitaryGirl83

Reaction score
I only got my ears pierced but I want to get a few tattoos, navel ring and maybe private part. But ARGH.. my mom and my grandm would be FREAKED out and get mad easily if I have them.

Any advices or sugguestions?

Who cares what they think. It's your body. Do what you want! :thumb:

WildKaTReSS said:
I only got my ears pierced but I want to get a few tattoos, navel ring and maybe private part. But ARGH.. my mom and my grandm would be FREAKED out and get mad easily if I have them.

Any advices or sugguestions?

Good Question.. I have not get anything tattoo or pierced on my body espically on my ears pierced.
I would love to try tattoo on my body but still scared!~ :ugh:

Well, i dont have tattoos..too chickeny i guess LOL! but i have pierced ears is all...my husband has some on his arms and when we first got married in Ft.
Smith, Arkansas, we went to a tattoo shop and he surprised me by having my name tattooed on his arm! i thought that was really sweet!

Wildkatress..if you are 18 or older, you got the right to do what you want with your body, your mom or anybody in your family cant do anything about it! but if you are under 18, well, thats another story..guess you hafta ask for permission, i guess.....good luck!

Yeah I am 20 years old..married and a baby on the way...I remember one time my mom and my grandma said if I get tattoos or piercings other than belly and earrings.. they woud disown me. :roll:

WildKatress - How about putting "I love mom" and "I love grandma" on you so they won't complain? :lol:

Like Defee said if you're over 18 they cannot stop you from doing it.

WildKaTReSS said:
Yeah I am 20 years old..married and a baby on the way...I remember one time my mom and my grandma said if I get tattoos or piercings other than belly and earrings.. they woud disown me. :roll:
Or deep dark secret then.. none of your parent business because your own body.. not theirs.. as vampy said.

WildKaTReSS said:

Remind me of my friend. Her family disowned her after they found out she has her first tattoo. Few days, her family want her back. That's obivously the disown won't last long. They love her with her flesh and body more than her skin and ink.

My parents are not freak about me having tattoos. But my grandma, she was fussed at me over tattoo and piercing. She brawled at me after I got very first tattoo. I told her that I hide it for one year. Asked her if she see any tattoo on arms, legs, and face. she said No and become silent.
One year later, another tattoo on my left calf from NY. She brawled at me front of two deaf freinds. I nodded and chuckled at her. She asked me not get another tattoo. But I did got 3rd tattoo 4 years later. My grandma still not know I have 3rd and wanna more. None of her business to know.

Another one, Got navel pierced before I moved back to TX in 1997 from New York. My grandma caught me during living with her. Asked me to choice one between piercing and living at her home. So, I removed navel jewelry off because I was not having enough money to pay deposit, rent, and etc at that time.
Five years later, I went to Las Vegas and got navel piercing back!! Oddball, Fly Free, and Javapride witnessed me survived with the needle for navel piercing. Whew! Then I e-mailed to my grandma. Told her "Guess what I got something from LV?" Navel Piercing!!! She said nothing and not even say a word at all!!!! Rather live with anyone INSTEAD of grandma!!!

Besides..how old do I have to get tattoos/piercings?

I just hope I find a clean place that has good references and etc.

:lol: i REMMY that Lasza gurl!!!!!! :thumb: it rocked!!!! hehe

mom knew of my tat by accident -- she :shock: then asked when did i get the tat -- told her it was a few mos prior -- :lol: i had to remind her its my body and im LONGGGGGGGG past 18! she ofc :-x and asked ME if SHE should get a tat! i was laffing and told her its HER body to do whatever she wanted -- if she wanna tat she can go for it! :laugh2: but in the end she asked me if i wanted more tats (which i answered yes) and asked me abt body piercing and she was pretty specific abt it -- she asked abt NIPPLE piercing!!!!! *thud* i told her i dont think so!!!!

the only thing mom didnt like was the thought of at formal events where i had to wear a nice dress (like i would wanna be caught dead in a dress!) that may be like "off the shoulder" kind (like weddings for example) and it would look tacky -- well well, she can now rest easy LOL cuz i went to a cousin's wedding here in St Louis and i had on a shirt (along with a nice slacks that goes well with the top) that covered my tat and that was nothing to worry abt LOL -- if my dad was still alive he prolly would shit but in the end knows he has no say due to my age being already long over 18 *shrugs*

WildKaTReSS said:
Besides..how old do I have to get tattoos/piercings?

I just hope I find a clean place that has good references and etc.

u are already of legal age!!!! u mentioned u are now 20 -- nationwide tat/body piercing places has policy of minimum age being 18 -- so u dont haveta worry abt that -- and Vampy and other ppl are right -- dont worry abt ur folks -- u are now of age and its ur body now -- u OWN ur body :D

I never had a problem with my parents in regards to piercings and tattoos. As far as they are concerned, it is my body, my life.

Of course my parents freaked out about my tongue pierce and tattoo on my back.. They still don't know about another tattoo and 4 more piercings. :naughty:

With a baby on the way, I would suggest you wait until after the baby is born to avoid any risk of infection. Tattoos and piercings use needles... and anytime a person uses needles, he/she is at risk of infection if not taken care of properly. A few months after your baby is born, then go for it... get as many piercings as you can!

VamPyroX said:
With a baby on the way, I would suggest you wait until after the baby is born to avoid any risk of infection. Tattoos and piercings use needles... and anytime a person uses needles, he/she is at risk of infection if not taken care of properly. A few months after your baby is born, then go for it... get as many piercings as you can!

VamPyoX's right. I do remmy about Blood Donate policy. If u want donate ur blood to any Blood drive. U have to wait one year after u pierced or tattooed. Because of risk of infection (herpitis and others). Same idea with preggy.

I always wanted to get a large dragon tatoo with japanese text around my back...but my mom'd say she be so disapointed because my body looks too "perfect" to have anything on it lol

hmmmm oh well maybe just medium size wouldn't hurt at all...lol

When I got my first tattoo, it was also on the same day as my first day of work. My dad and I had been working together back then, and he told me to come back when I was done so he could see it. :) My dad's pretty open like that. But when I got my labret piercing, my mom said "nooooooooooooooooo" But then again, i was 19. She eventually said "well its your body" and after i got it, she said it didnt look so bad. :)

Defee said:
Well, i dont have tattoos..too chickeny i guess LOL! but i have pierced ears is all...my husband has some on his arms and when we first got married in Ft.
Smith, Arkansas, we went to a tattoo shop and he surprised me by having my name tattooed on his arm! i thought that was really sweet!

Awww how romancing... With me. I'M too Chicken to have pierced on my body I 'm too sensitive. But Only thing I have is pierced are my ears....

WildKaTReSS, You do whatever You want It is your body. Not all Parents/Grandparents are going to approved...Its your choice your body.:)

Wow..
My parents freaked when I got my Navel piercing, but she just strugged it off, and evertime she sees me changing the jewlery or playing with it, or sees the hole without the jewlery, she gags, and says "Eww" :lol:
Then several months later, I decided to get a tattoo on my lower back, and somehow I told mom that I am going to get my tattoo done, and she freaked and told me to wait, save money, but I went ahead and got it done :roll:
Year later, I decided to expand my tattoo on my lower back and went home and showed mom and she went like agh, u should have gotten color, not just ugly black. :roll: I told her that I wasn't finish with it. :) When I wear my swimming suit or short shirt or somehow my shirt peeks a little of my tattoo, when I am around grandma, she went like AHHHHHHHH... And kept staring at it, and peeking everytime she sees it. I gotten my nipple pierced but I never told anyone, only my cousin.. I had to get it removed. Eventually I am going to tell mommy, that I had it done :mrgreen: so she can go nuts.

Forgot to add something funny that my mom told me about...
She said when u get older like 60-70-80 and someone sees ur back and your tattoo would just stag, drop to the floor, and looks stretched. Lol :lol:

Back