Did you notice?

Maybe hearing people are lonelier than Deaf people!

I notice that more hearing people join here than deaf people recently. Right? I know that there's nothing wrong with that but...

Maybe hearing people are tired of noises, so they go to our Deaf world hehe:giggle:

They might get tired of it, or they're just looking for new ways to make new friends or something. Those who have homework assignments don't tend to hang around, as Mew said, so I'm leery about those. If it was at a college, wouldn't be a problem.

...And did you notice that we have more ladies than gents here, that is unless am mistaken?

Really? I got a lot of messages from ladies.... don't know if it's the profile picture or what, but I don't get too many from guys, but then again, with usernames, it's kinda hard to tell if that person is a guy or girl.

Women make a very large # of ASL students, speech pathology, and audiology majors. Therefore, it's natural to see more women than men here.

Culturally Deaf posters make a very very small percentage of the ADers. Most ADers are deaf people who grew up in the hearing world or hearing people. Rarely any Deaf people or CODAs come here.

True.

I grew up in the Deaf world, but do live with hearing family as well as i grew up in the hearing world. However, i live in the Deaf world with high percents of hours. :lol:

but now, the opposite. :o

I am a hearing person, but Deaf culture is something I've been interested in for a while. I'm also going into medicine, so I like understanding everybody's perspectives.

Culturally Deaf posters make a very very small percentage of the ADers. Most ADers are deaf people who grew up in the hearing world or hearing people. Rarely any Deaf people or CODAs come here.
Yeah, I also noticed that many ADers are "ex-hearing". :lol: IMO, Deaf people prefer ASL video due to their poor English grammar. For example, they joined DVTV, DeafCube and DPV, not here.

If any one of you know Ridor9th, I wonder if he was a member here in the past or not.

Yeah, I also noticed that many ADers are "ex-hearing". :lol: IMO, Deaf people prefer ASL video due to their poor English grammar. For example, they joined DVTV, DeafCube and DPV, not here.

If any one of you know Ridor9th, I wonder if he was a member here in the past or not.

No. I ve been here since 2003 and hes not on ad. He and I went to the same school but not in the same crowded.

No. I ve been here since 2003 and hes not on ad. He and I went to the same school but not in the same crowded.
OK. If he joins here, OMG, even though he's intelligent, he loves to bash people so he would be easily banned like he was banned from DVTV.

I know most of them mean well and genuinely believe it when they say it. But I have to admit I find it slightly patronizing and borderline creepy that some of them would come here and say how much they love ASL and how they want to learn about the culture, and then they disappear after a week.

Last edited:
Back