Did you notice?

Yeah, I guess im one of those weird cases. It actually took me a while to get use to the noise. Lol ill make note of that and tell my teacher.

Amen! I was annoyed by that video thing. I have better things to do-- like actually give advice or an honest opinion (at least I try to), or focusing on things I should be doing.

Amen! I was annoyed by that video thing. I have better things to do-- like actually give advice or an honest opinion (at least I try to), or focusing on things I should be doing.

:lol: That video thing was actually kind of funny. There are so many rude demanding ones it's hard to take some days.

You know I need help with my ASL how and like omg!!! anyone wanan help? jk jk. Even now that I am hearing, those that knew me when I was deaf ask me pretty stupid questions.

I get those, too, every now and then. The REALLY offensive ones I get are "Are you learning disabled or mentally retarded?" Excuse me? Wanna repeat that again? I'm no where near either one, and once they see my reaction, they recant in a hurry.

I know it has been common experience sometimes people assume that "Are you learning disabled or mentally retarded?....." about deaf people.

I think that assumption impacts everybody in a bad way.

I happen to have a learning disability. I didn't learn to tell time or count money til high school and have never worn a watch.

Mewtilation, I like your Announcement:)

mostly alots of hoh/deaf sometimes. Sometimes alots of hearing to increase to slow next year :D will increase member we know see it grow community will take an times few.

Still.... asking people like us isn't a nice thing to do, and neither is telling people behind the person's back about it, as that's likely to anger the person in a very big way.

Maybe if I had not been deaf as a kid I would be like that too, asking annoying questions and stuff.

Agreed. I learned at a young age that asking these kinds of questions were a sensitive subject to those still growing up, and even today, it's still a sensitive subject. Makes me wish I could better educate people to NOT call us those phrases.

Culturally Deaf posters make a very very small percentage of the ADers. Most ADers are deaf people who grew up in the hearing world or hearing people. Rarely any Deaf people or CODAs come here.

Count me as one of those who grew up in a hearing world.... wish I didn't. However, I am thankful I found this when I did.

Count me as one of those who grew up in a hearing world.... wish I didn't. However, I am thankful I found this when I did.

I grew up in the hearing world but when I registered for AD back in 2006, I was already fully involved with the Deaf culture and the Deaf community.

Gosh, I miss several of the old members who are no longer here.

How did you tell who hears or not? Did you ask everyone here or are there some indicators? Curious.

How did you tell who hears or not? Did you ask everyone here or are there some indicators? Curious.

No...but you get familiar with the members and do get to know them on a personal level after a few months of posting here on a daily basis which I used to do.

Between now and back then, has there been any big changes? I read some of Alex's posts, and I got to know some of the rules and regulations that way, and that's why I try to watch what I post-- anything that'll inflame anyone or result in too many negative posts I avoid. I try to post friendly, sometimes even curious posts.

Usually you will find them in the introductions when they mention saying they are hearing and they are interest in ASL or want us to help them with their ASL homework. Most often they mention they are hearing. Simple. :roll:

Hmm. I may be Deaf/HoH, but more often than not, people mistaken me for being hearing because I speak so well, and it's annoying sometimes, but my level of speaking IS my pride, and it's something I'm proud of.

Back