Did you know?

I know people that think the universe revolves around them. :rockon:

Maybe the kids are bored in school and don't pay attention. I learned in 1st grade that the earth revolves around the sun. My teacher even used foam celestial bodies to show us. I enjoyed that lesson.

Yeah, hear people thinking out loud all the time! I would ask them to back up their little quips, "so can you explain the distant curved horizon and why downtown (add your city here) isn't proportionally visible from where we stand?" :roll:

I do know this for a fact: I have learned that no matter how strange or stupid or even insane a belief may sound to me there is someone out there that believes it.

It is kind of fascinating in a way that we even care whether or not what the the earth does in relation to the sun. The curiosity to know and to build and to explore is alive and well. It is kind of shocking that some people are not curious or even interested in a bigger picture of life and their place in it all.

If someone wishes to be an incurious person that is clueless about the incredible world they live in it is a real shame. It is like not having a conscience or something. A piece that makes us human is missing.

I really can't comprehend kids not knowing the states and capitals or their geography in the US. In grade school we had to memorize all the states and capitals and locations and even had to complete a puzzle where each was located and match each state to its capital on a test.

I found my scores from 8th grade for the nationwide testing thing I'll scan and post to show how tough it was back then. Even though it was 8th grade it said I had the knowledge level of halfway through 11th grade in high school.

I really can't comprehend kids not knowing the states and capitals or their geography in the US. In grade school we had to memorize all the states and capitals and locations and even had to complete a puzzle where each was located and match each state to its capital on a test.

I found my scores from 8th grade for the nationwide testing thing I'll scan and post to show how tough it was back then. Even though it was 8th grade it said I had the knowledge level of halfway through 11th grade in high school.

My husband and I worked full time when the kids were in school. My kids could name the capital of every state by the time they were in third grade. I had a magnetic puzzle and used a cookie sheet in the car. When they guessed the capital the earned the puzzle piece. They learned and memorized every president from first to last. They could multiply all the was up 10x10. We kept them excited to learn new things. They have these traveling quiz cards you can purchase, in all different topics. They loved playing that game. In fact my girls were better then I was. On top of that my mom, their grandma taught both girls how to knit and crochet in the first grade. My one daughter would sit and knit like a little old lady. She could make really nice hats and scarves. Sadly now with my brain issues I have some major issues remembering things. Yes grammar is one of those issues. I'm missing my kids today, sorry if I am bragging.

I grew up as a Marine Corps brat, a bit of a tomboy! LOL (Hard to tell now, huh? lol) I wasn't into much of what girls my age read, I took my father's military reading material and learned about most locations throughout the world during the cold war, and the major weapon systems they used, plitical alliances, etc.

Were you guys aware that Galileo almost got execution from Catholic pope for trying to prove that Sun is actually the center of universe (Technically).

Sometimes religious has power to make people believe in something that may not be true.

I grew up as a Marine Corps brat, a bit of a tomboy! LOL (Hard to tell now, huh? lol) I wasn't into much of what girls my age read, I took my father's military reading material and learned about most locations throughout the world during the cold war, and the major weapon systems they used, plitical alliances, etc.

Marines.png

:D

I was at a buddies house the other day, his daughter in high school had left her math book out. There were symbols in there I have never seen before. It was not higher math just algebra but different. I was never a math whiz but did well with all the electrical mathematical theory and all of that back when. Whatever that new math was did not apply at all to real world formulas. Maybe it applies to accounting or something. I did not get a chance to quiz her on it. She probably would have escaped any way she could if I had. :lol:

I was at a buddies house the other day, his daughter in high school had left her math book out. There were symbols in there I have never seen before. It was not higher math just algebra but different. I was never a math whiz but did well with all the electrical mathematical theory and all of that back when. Whatever that new math was did not apply at all to real world formulas. Maybe it applies to accounting or something. I did not get a chance to quiz her on it. She probably would have escaped any way she could if I had. :lol:

LOL Perhaps she was taking a trigonometry course?

I thought that at first no it is I know you are poking fun at me, smiles, no it is regular algebra done differently. I started to get into it when really it was social occasion and stopped myself. I was never real big on school, I love learning but being in school I feel like a caged wild animal.

I thought that at first no it is I know you are poking fun at me, smiles, no it is regular algebra done differently. I started to get into it when really it was social occasion and stopped myself. I was never real big on school, I love learning but being in school I feel like a caged wild animal.

Nah, thought I'd help you out. :wave:

The only thing that comes to mind when I see this....

Why in hells toilet do you still have this report card?!? :laugh2:

I'm a minimalist, personally speaking. If I have no need for it, it's taking up room I could use to run around naked in! :laugh2: Or pass out drunk in... whichever you prefer to envision.... :hmm:

LOL my mother had school album things on us to record the years school stats from k - 12th grades and ended up with mine and my sisters books ... I've got them packed up in the basement with other old stuff

Yeah, my mom did the same thing too and kept it in her storage.

LOL my mother had school album things on us to record the years school stats from k - 12th grades and ended up with mine and my sisters books ... I've got them packed up in the basement with other old stuff

Back