Did you know.......?

futurika

Reaction score
Russia has almost twice the number of judges and magistrates as compared to US, but US has 8 times more crimes committed than Russia.

Who would have thought??

Strange huh? But obviously U.S. has more access to guns etc...which might explain why we are a country filled with violence....a thought to ponder, hmmm???

futurika said:
Russia has almost twice the number of judges and magistrates as compared to US, but US has 8 times more crimes committed than Russia.

Who would have thought??
Can you please give the link for that information?

Roadrunner said:
Strange huh? But obviously U.S. has more access to guns etc...which might explain why we are a country filled with violence....a thought to ponder, hmmm???
That statistic sounds very suspicious to me.

Russia is filled with crime. Our several friends in Russia cannot even receive any mail from us because their mail is always stolen out of the boxes. Their houses are surrounded by tall walls with locked gates. At night they let the guard dogs loose in the yard. The police stop you for no reason and will let you go if you pay them cash. Armed gangs swarm the country. When my husband visited there, he said it was like an armed camp, and everyone was suspicious of each other. Also, his luggage was broken into. When people park their cars on the street, they remove their windshield wipers and carry them with them so they won't get stolen. Travelers are warned to never go anywhere alone. Bribes are a common way of business there. The Russian mafia is very strong over there, and organized crime is increasing.

There are some very wonderful people in Russia, but crime is very strong and widespread there. There are plenty of guns and knives in Russia.

Russia settings sounds so much like Mexico -- I went to Tijuana -- just next to the border of California and Mexico..not the greatest town to visit in that country...but the evironment was the same. Police stop anyone for no reason or little reasons and will let us go if we paid them cash, etc. :roll:

Roadrunner said:

I checked the link. It showed that:

Russia's murder rate was 0.19 per 1000 people.

United States' murder rate was 0.04 per 1000 people.

Therefor, Russia's murder rate is much higher (almost 5 times) than the rate for the United States.

Looks like Russia is "filled with violence" too.

futurika said:
It is comparing apples to oranges. The lists don't even include the same crimes. What is considered a felony in one country is legal or a misdemeanor in the other, and vice versa. You can't just compare "crime" totals. You can't say, "Well, one murder equals six briberies, or two rapes equal 12 car-jackings." Each countries' law definitions are different, so they are classified differently. I noticed on the Russian report that they didn't even have categories for "assaults", "bribery", or "burglaries". That doesn't mean they don't have those crimes. Also, in the United States, people are more likely to report crimes. Many crimes in Russia are never reported (like bribery--who can you complain to?).

Interesting but doesn't prove anything.

45% of statistics are made up, just like this one...

In all seriousnes, statistics are just that... they are not actual.

Reba said:
I checked the link. It showed that:

Russia's murder rate was 0.19 per 1000 people.

United States' murder rate was 0.04 per 1000 people.

Therefor, Russia's murder rate is much higher (almost 5 times) than the rate for the United States.

That still don't 'show' whether or not Russia has far more access to guns and that was my point here...but anyhow...ANY number of crime (in any country) is one too many! ;)

Crimes soared after the collapse of USSR in 1991, Techinally, I'd say that former KGB like the President Putin and the russian mafia have taken the control of Russia

Reba said:

Not only that, remember the terrorist attack that recently took place at a school resulting in 300 deaths?

Also, there's the theatre where the terrorists took over and over 120 were killed.

Russia is a horrible place.

Back