Did Vocational Rehabilitation cover 100% of your college tuiton?

DOING IT RIGHT

Reaction score
I live in NJ and am considering going to Gallaudet university. I would like to know if any one of you have taken advantage of what VR has to offer you, and got your tuiton covered because of it? Do they cover everything, or just a certain percentage of your tuiton? Did you have to scrape up all of the combined college scholarships and had to cover the remaining amount out of your pocket, or did they just give everything to you?
I would also like to know who went/goes to Gallaudet university and if it was good?
And to be very specific for those detail oriented, I am trying to decide if I should pack up and go to Texas to take advantage of the 100% tuiton & fee coverage that the government has to offer me down there, as opposed to the idea of chasing down the NJ college scholasrships from various different organizations that usually require competitive essays structured by various applicants, combining the VR coverages and FAFSA and other various state grants, that may be out there, and still have to pay the remaining amount out of my own pocket,which seems like a tedious process to me.
But, in conclusion;
Did VR give you 100% coverage for tuiton?

VR doesnt cover my tuiton unfortuntaly but uh... I have grants though. VR help me some just case i needed it.

Since you will most likely be eligible for various kinds of financial aid, you need to file a FAFSA and find out exactly what you are eligible for under Federal grants and loans. Once you know what your estimated award is, VR can see what portion of those costs remaining, if your award under FAFSA does not cover all expenses, they might be able to pick up.

VR is not responsible for financing your entire college education.

My VR paid for half of everything during my first quarter. I made an agreement with her stating that if I did well during that quarter... she would give me full support from that point on.

Well, I made the Dean's List. I faxed her the formal letter I received for making the Dean's List. I received 100% support for the rest of my BS degree. :)

Werent you also the one who wanted to move to texas because of "free tuition"?mmm you do realize not everything in the world is free..some things YOU DO PAY FOR..

My VR paid for half of everything during my first quarter. I made an agreement with her stating that if I did well during that quarter... she would give me full support from that point on.

Well, I made the Dean's List. I faxed her the formal letter I received for making the Dean's List. I received 100% support for the rest of my BS degree. :)

Good for you Vampy! Congrats on that Dean's List status! Didn't mean to imply that VR would never pay full costs. Just that they will avoid it if at all possible, and you better be ready to deliver if they do. Obviously, you delivered.

Werent you also the one who wanted to move to texas because of "free tuition"?mmm you do realize not everything in the world is free..some things YOU DO PAY FOR..

That is right, everything is NOT free in this world. So when you get the opportunity to take advantage of a program that DOES offer the rarity of FREE tuiton coverage because you may have happened to be afflicted with deafness or blindness, and there happens to be programs out there that cover FREE tuiton, rest assured a smart person would correlate the specifics of every single program out there to discern the best one out there!
I am trying to discern what is going to offer me MUCH more tuiton assistance in the long run; moving to Texas OR doing Vocational Rehabilitation right here in NJ. If anybody can give me an analytical differentiation as to what would be the better tuiton assister, I would apperciate it!
Thanks!
;)

p.s you live in Austin, Texas? Are you a hearie or deafie?

Back