Did Anyone Feel The Earthquake in new England Tonight?

I thought it was my neighbor running up the stairs at first but I realize it was an earthquake when the whole building started to shake!

Yea, I knew it was a quake and found out later it was from Maine. Nothing in my place was moved, but I'm still waiting for the aftershock.

no thought you had them there

Actually, I read somewhere that we should be experiencing more of them with global warming, but that might just be a scam.

Still, the East Cost is not immune to earthquakes.

about 15yrs back there was small one in east england somewhere i lived in london at the time....this particular night i got up to go loo just as quake happen,an i just flop on bed it very odd experince

Actually, I read somewhere that we should be experiencing more of them with global warming, but that might just be a scam.

Still, the East Cost is not immune to earthquakes.

I heard on the news that we're getting small earthquake in New England all the
time but we can't feel them. I had felt an earthquake here before ,but this last one was stronger. When I lived in California I felt a few earthquakes.
My small table moved and my wooden floor rolled like it was water!

I heard on the news that we're getting small earthquake in New England all the
time but we can't feel them. I had felt an earthquake here before ,but this last one was stronger. When I lived in California I felt a few earthquakes.
My small table moved and my wooden floor rolled like it was water!

Yea, it happens, but usually not enough to break stuff around here. In this case, I heard the land line phones were out for a short time in Maine.

Heard about it from a supervisor of mine in NH but felt nothing in MA. I did feel the explosion in Danvers though a few years back...knocked me out of my bed....

Laura

23 years ago today was the 7.1 earthquake here in Northern CA. Hubby and I were just talking about it cos it was our 2nd wedding anniversary. I have lived in CA my whole life and have been in most of the "big ones". Definitely not fun and I hope I can go a very long time without another one.

That is really interesting. I did not know that. I'm pretty sure you will be around to see the next one. As I said, they are not unique to the East.

Thanks for the information.

I did not know about it either , I never heard it about in school. Yeah I think
I felt 4 earthquakes on the East coast and like I said we're getting small earthquakes all the time but we just can't feel them.

23 years ago today was the 7.1 earthquake here in Northern CA. Hubby and I were just talking about it cos it was our 2nd wedding anniversary. I have lived in CA my whole life and have been in most of the "big ones". Definitely not fun and I hope I can go a very long time without another one.

Where in Northern CA do you live? I lived in Whitethorn , Ca. in the 70's,
it was beautiful up there .

Where in Northern CA do you live? I lived in Whitethorn , Ca. in the 70's,
it was beautiful up there .

I lived in San Fernando Valley for the 2/9/71 big earthquake, it was really bad. Then my family moved up to the Bay Area. The Loma Prieta earthquake that hit on 10/17/89 was huge and we lived right on the fault line. Lost our chimney, refrigerator tipped over, tv fell, pool cracked. It was really awful and the after shocks went on and on. We would sleep upside down in our beds to be away from any windows etc. There were a lot more earthquakes, but these two caused me a lot of stress. Moved away from the Bay and so far no earthquakes!!

I asked my brother in CT if he felt the earthquake. He said no.

I lived in San Fernando Valley for the 2/9/71 big earthquake, it was really bad. Then my family moved up to the Bay Area. The Loma Prieta earthquake that hit on 10/17/89 was huge and we lived right on the fault line. Lost our chimney, refrigerator tipped over, tv fell, pool cracked. It was really awful and the after shocks went on and on. We would sleep upside down in our beds to be away from any windows etc. There were a lot more earthquakes, but these two caused me a lot of stress. Moved away from the Bay and so far no earthquakes!!

I never felt any earthquake in Whitethorn but when I was helping a guy unload his pickup truck the dirt fell from under my feet and I had to grab onto the back of the truck! That was a scary feeling standing on the ground then the next second have nothing under your feet . The hole was not deep or big so I did not get hurt.

earth dont move for me much these days.....my son and husband were in san fran and one was upstairs in hotel the other downstairs earth quake i gather was over 4 on rictor as it on news later that day...my son who was on the ground never felt anything but husband up in room it shook very strange it scared wits out of him

Back