Details on the Xbox2

Nusentinsaino

Reaction score
I refuse to call it Xbox360 because it reminds me of the 3DO :lol: Anyway, The details on the Xbox2 is really awesome.

One thing about the controller... Do you see that fat-ass button in the middle? Click that and it turns on the Xbox, or it automatically takes you to the Menu, or Xbox live Menu to see your friends and such :deal:

The "Ring of Light" (Power Button) Its made out of 4 quadrants, each of which can change colors to indicate something to the different players. For example: If an outside game invite comes in for player 3, the 3rd quadrant may flash red to let him/her know. Other possible uses considered by Microsoft: A way to indicate your charcter's health (yeah thats real practical - To have to look away from the screen to get that information :roll: ) or the health for all 4 players. :thumb:

All Controllers are wireless So prepare to buy shitloads of batteries! :shock: Also all controllers come in with an Audio/Expansion Jack to hook up your Head-set! Sounds Easy! :)

The Faceplate (The front of the Xbox2) are customizable! :bowdown: Just like the cell phones you know? You can buy some at a gaming store. Thank god for that.

There are 2 types of Xbox live: Silver and Gold...Silver is free and its what people will get as soon as they buy the Xbox2, it lets you play online... However Gold has many more benefits. :wiggle: Gold is still $50 a year. THANK GOD! Silver will not allow you to play over multiplayer games online over live, but it can allow access to Massivly Multiplayer games. Gold lets you do everything.

Price: Rumored to be $349, Not too bad!

Backwards Compatibility? Nope! Sorry, you cant play Halo 2 on Xbox2, none of the Xbox games will work on Xbox2 :(

Heavily Rumored List:

Halo 3, Indiana Jones, Mercenaries 2, Ninja Gaiden 2, and True Fantasy Live Online.

- Nusent

Nusentinsaino said:
Backwards Compatibility? Nope! Sorry, you cant play Halo 2 on Xbox2, none of the Xbox games will work on Xbox2 :(
- Nusent

i think it can do backward comptiblity - per googling, i found several informations that 360 can do backward compatility. some said it can runs the top selling games.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=8996

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?storyID=8509448&type=technologyNews

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22839

http://www.qbrundage.com/michaelb/pubs/essays/xbox360.html

eh I would rather perfer to play the console with the wired controller instead of a wireless controller so to save batteries lol

I heard Microsoft would still sell wired controllers for the Xbox360 so I dunno...hopefully they would do that anyway.

that would actually save me some money when I trade in my orginal Xbox for the Xbox 360 since it can play the orginal Xbox games and I might do the same thing with Playstation 2 and GameCube since Sony's and Nintendo's next gen consoles would be able to play previous console games, as well.

Steel said:
eh I would rather perfer to play the console with the wired controller instead of a wireless controller so to save batteries lol

I heard Microsoft would still sell wired controllers for the Xbox360 so I dunno...hopefully they would do that anyway.

Just use rechargeable batteries. The best part about these wireless controllers is that when it's low on battery, you can wire it temporarily till the batteries are fully recharged!

Personally, I prefer wireless controllers due to the freedom of space. :)

Banjo said:
Just use rechargeable batteries. The best part about these wireless controllers is that when it's low on battery, you can wire it temporarily till the batteries are fully recharged!

Personally, I prefer wireless controllers due to the freedom of space. :)

Yes, I second u, Banjo! M$ said that controller pad have rechargeable when low battery w/o buy batteries! ^_^

So, I read news from Sony and M$.. I'm more realize that Sony PS3 is true next gene, but M$ Xbox 360 isn't next gene, because its more like 1.5 xbox what father of sony ps mendtioned and apparently sony product many camera, everything and known as best brand. Yes, M$ is best software that's it. Remember M$ said that xbox 360 have pc-hyrid, but I don't see anything. Sony ps3 made new supercomputer and cells, etc. Well, I prefer to wait or test xbox 360 when release. Btw, xbox 360 is best for more entertianing for tv, movie, music, game and more. I also watch G4 tv last night and show all ps3 games future and xbox 360. I'm realize that sony ps3 is best graphic, more real and smoothly. Xbox 360 is ok. I sugget to watch closely when u watch tv on G4 or trailer from website. Go check xbox 360 quake, and some. And sony ps3 too. Just lets go compare. And I read newpaper somewhere mention that xbox 360 is best for more family, because they have huge goal is to get more billions people will buy xbox 360. Its make sense. Xbox 360 is good for nongamer as known as more "family" sony ps3 is more hardcore gamer, but I'm wait for more info soon or later. Well, its my opition. I also don't want to be disppointment xbox 360 either too. ^_^ I'm hopefully M$ provide us that xbox 360 is best or fair to sony ps3 too. I'm more likely to buy sony over m$ or possible both.. Well, u know sony and m$ still war console...=)

No, it is not Xbox360. It is Xbox 360! Sorry there is no use Xbox 2. It different part of this idea.

I hear ya Xestor, I have heard some news on IGN.com regarding the Xbox360 using Apple G4's technology? Im not sure what i read, maybe im wrong... and you're right about the xbox360 being kinda like xbox 1.5, Xextor can you provide me a link for PS3 graphics because it seems to me that the PS3 will own all.

I just made this thread because im a big fan of Xbox lol. So i guess the PS3 will be the top one in the future like the Xbox is the top one today. lol

Sony has always been on top since they've released their orginal Playstation and has killed off Sega's Saturn and when Sony released the PlayStation 2, it also killed off Sega's Dreamcast, and now Sony is in a tight race with Nintendo before Microsoft came along, and now Microsoft was getting pretty popular with the Xbox, while Sony and Microsoft gets everyone's attention with more mature games, more third party support, and more ablities that can do than play games, etc...Nintendo's now in a tough spot, trying its best to get as much third party support as possible, and get internet success, and even other ablities that could play DVDs, CDs, and others...and thats when they are gonna try to do that with the Nintendo Revloution.

Right now most people are focusing on either Sony or Microsoft...and it leaves Nintendo right out of the spotlight...does that mean that Nintendo is doomed and going out of business? who knows? let's find out 'til the next E3 when they would really show off their shit! lol

Thats true... Omg i still have the dreamcast in my closet. lol.

Steel, if you love the PS3 so much... My EGM (Electronic Gaming Montly) will provide alot of infomation on it... (the next issue) I will scan the pictures and info, unless u get the info before i do hehe.

Nusentinsaino said:
I hear ya Xestor, I have heard some news on IGN.com regarding the Xbox360 using Apple G4's technology? Im not sure what i read, maybe im wrong... and you're right about the xbox360 being kinda like xbox 1.5, Xextor can you provide me a link for PS3 graphics because it seems to me that the PS3 will own all.

I just made this thread because im a big fan of Xbox lol. So i guess the PS3 will be the top one in the future like the Xbox is the top one today. lol
Not G4 it's G5!!
Full system specifications of the system followed as a worldwide embargo lifted at 2:30AM BST. The console will be powered by three IBM PowerPC CPUs, each one running at 3.2Ghz and with the capacity to run two hardware threads simultaneously - effectively meaning that the system can process six threads at once. Each core also has an on-board vector unit - and the whole system uses a water-cooling system to keep the temperature down, much like the high-end Apple PowerMac G5 desktop computers, which use similar PowerPC chips.
source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=8733

I have a feeling that Xbox 360 would be priced $500+ due to hardware technologies inside the box. 3 chips, ATI card etc.. not $200 like PS2/3 or whatever..

Nusentinsaino said:

Ok, how I tell that ps3 is best graphic? U need me to get link. I dunno. I'm using pager right. U can try check ps3 game. U can check @ kill zone or watch from ur cable tv and on channel is g4 or go check www.g4tv.com. Try check it out, if they have it.. G4 tv show me that ps3's game really awsome and killing my eyes. They are more real game.. U know kill zone, g4 show that one and I saw that fps play around and shoot as war. I can see real hairs move, clothes, everything and while they play around war! But about xbox 360 and show quake.. Its look improve but little lagging when move from their aim in the fps. Have u watch g4 tv, guys? That's why I don't want to be disppointment too. ^_^

Boult said:
I have a feeling that Xbox 360 would be priced $500+ due to hardware technologies inside the box. 3 chips, ATI card etc.. not $200 like PS2/3 or whatever..

I really doubt that, it'll probably be 300 bucks or maybe a bit more. I would bet on it, and Microsoft can afford to lose money on it. They did the same thing with the first Xbox. Each xbox unit was worth more than the price tag when it first came out.

Xestor said:
Ok, how I tell that ps3 is best graphic? U need me to get link. I dunno. I'm using pager right. U can try check ps3 game. U can check @ kill zone or watch from ur cable tv and on channel is g4 or go check www.g4tv.com. Try check it out, if they have it.. G4 tv show me that ps3's game really awsome and killing my eyes. They are more real game.. U know kill zone, g4 show that one and I saw that fps play around and shoot as war. I can see real hairs move, clothes, everything and while they play around war! But about xbox 360 and show quake.. Its look improve but little lagging when move from their aim in the fps. Have u watch g4 tv, guys? That's why I don't want to be disppointment too. ^_^

We need to be careful about what to believe and what not to. Especially when the emotion chip for PS2 was quite misleading when it was unveiled at E3 around 5 or 6 years ago. They showed off a lot of fancy demos, then when PS2 came out... frickin' NOTHING like what we saw in the demos! I'm quite wary of what Sony has to offer, and I have to wait and see. Same goes for Xbox 360, don't know what to expect. But it has a lot of cool features.

Not only to mention that PS3 cell technology is still in development.

Banjo said:
We need to be careful about what to believe and what not to. Especially when the emotion chip for PS2 was quite misleading when it was unveiled at E3 around 5 or 6 years ago. They showed off a lot of fancy demos, then when PS2 came out... frickin' NOTHING like what we saw in the demos! I'm quite wary of what Sony has to offer, and I have to wait and see. Same goes for Xbox 360, don't know what to expect. But it has a lot of cool features.

Not only to mention that PS3 cell technology is still in development.

Ah, yea I remember that, Banjo! Xbox 360 feature look same to me, because I've modded xbox and many feature than xbox 360. That's why I felt little disppointment.. But I can wait and see what's happen after release xbox 360. =)

Nusentinsaino said:
- Nusent
Do you know why between xbox 360 and original xbox games can't able backward compatbility?

Anyway, recent days ago, I went to Gamestop store...I talked my friend who work for gamestop.. he told me "All due that NVIDIA is in XBOX read all cd.. but ATI is in XBOX 360. X360 might be can't backward compatibilty with original xbox games.." that is big ISSUES...... he said not sure about that.. Thats all what he said to me..

Back