Depression

barnettgs

Reaction score
I am now in really bad depression at the moment and its scary sometimes. :ugh: I guess it will last for few days (hopefully!). I had anxiety last year and was really in very bad state, had no choice but left my work. I'm in now much better form than I was exactly a year ago but still have ups and downs.

I am taking chinese herbal medicine from my local clinic and I pay for it. Doctor's tablets are free but they have bad side effect which is why I am avoiding.

Also I am curious about the cause of depression, doctor thinks its to do with inbalance of chemical in your brain! :roll:

So I wonder that are any of you ever had a depression and how do you deal with it? Going to partying doesn't make any sense to me especially on middle of the week as well as living in countryside. Any reply or helpful tips would be nice! ;)

Originally posted by barnettgs
I am now in really bad depression at the moment and its scary sometimes. :ugh: I guess it will last for few days (hopefully!). I had anxiety last year and was really in very bad state, had no choice but left my work. I'm in now much better form than I was exactly a year ago but still have ups and downs.

I am taking chinese herbal medicine from my local clinic and I pay for it. Doctor's tablets are free but they have bad side effect which is why I am avoiding.

Also I am curious about the cause of depression, doctor thinks its to do with inbalance of chemical in your brain! :roll:

So I wonder that are any of you ever had a depression and how do you deal with it? Going to partying doesn't make any sense to me especially on middle of the week as well as living in countryside. Any reply or helpful tips would be nice! ;)

a lot of shrinks would say you have a bipolar personality disorder.

Re: Re: Depression

Originally posted by PSORules79
a lot of shrinks would say you have a bipolar personality disorder.

:roll: I assume you never had a depression so you don't know a thing or two about it!

my older sister have bipolar disorder so I'm not sure if you're the same thing... but I understand that...

I have depression been bad mood,cry,scare, not take care of myself and other something things too and angry. Finally, I feel alot better cuz of I take a medicine, it's really help me alot better.

Re: Re: Re: Depression

:roll: I assume you never had a depression so you don't know a thing or two about it!

actually i've been depressed before but his is totally different.

Many people will freak out if whosoever got depression for some reason. i think despression is act of nature expression. Nothing with right or wrong.

Ok, what I was saying, doesn't suggest that I have bipolar personality disorder! You cannot judge it by looking at this thread. I had been through few different doctors and a psychologist but none of them suggested that I have personality disorder!

I don't know where you get that idea from but you know there are millions of people out there who have or have been through depression for many different reasons.

Ok, what I was saying, doesn't suggest that I have bipolar personality disorder! You cannot judge it by looking at this thread. I had been through few different doctors and a psychologist but none of them suggested that I have personality disorder!

I don't know where you get that idea from but you know there are millions of people out there who have or have been through depression for many different reasons.
right I don't mean you have it, no just that my sister has one. It might be something related to your personal problems that we don't know and I doubt it's a disorder or something...

hey, you ... check your PM from me :)

well... i have been depression before... but, not anymore... :) It wasn't big deal anyway

I may get depressed a little if I don't keep my social and education life in balance. I'm not loyal to school tho!

Originally posted by e
I may get depressed a little if I don't keep my social and education life in balance. I'm not loyal to school tho!

oh well. Some people can't balance their layers of life. Oh well.

Anxiety disorders run in my family. My sister takes medicine for it and she feels much better. My mum has all the symptoms for it, but she refuses to go see doctor for it. Oh well...

Lunz is right, I think everyone goes through depression at one point of his life. Right now, I am a bit sad because I'm no longer with my bf, but I know I will get over it.

Yeah, my sister said to me once that it had to do with imbalance of chemical in the brain. The chemicals do not know where to go and it goes back to where it was at. Medicine helps to regulate that, to make sure it goes where it should.

Here's an UK link for you... http://www.depressionalliance.org/

Do let us know how you are getting on. :)

Originally posted by kuifje75
Anxiety disorders run in my family. My sister takes medicine for it and she feels much better. My mum has all the symptoms for it, but she refuses to go see doctor for it. Oh well...

Lunz is right, I think everyone goes through depression at one point of his life. Right now, I am a bit sad because I'm no longer with my bf, but I know I will get over it.

Yeah, my sister said to me once that it had to do with imbalance of chemical in the brain. The chemicals do not know where to go and it goes back to where it was at. Medicine helps to regulate that, to make sure it goes where it should.

Here's an UK link for you... http://www.depressionalliance.org/

Do let us know how you are getting on. :)

Nah, he should go see a shrink and the shrink will prescribe the right medications for him.

Nah, he should go see a shrink and the shrink will prescribe the right medications for him.

He said he is going to see doctors and so on. And that medicine gives him side effects. Don't be so judgmental and jump to conclusions.

Perhaps, talking it out is the best asset - just rather than taking the meds itself... I am a counseling major myself, and I do understand how it feels to be in this such position. You can find a person or two who you really trust and share your thoughts with them.

I get the impressions that you seemed to think medication 'solves' everything! And what are you referring 'Shrink' to? :ugh:

You seemed to be branding me as if I am an idiot or something? :eek:

And what are you referring 'Shrink' to? :ugh:

He is talking about a psycharist or pyschologist. That is American slang for these doctors.

Back