Depression

I'm glad to hear that it is helping you, Moonflower. And I agree that journaling is a great technique for helping depression. Sometimes meds are necessary for certain types of depression, and I am all for using them in those cases. But if it can be managed without meds, I also believe it not giving medication unless it is necessary. Too many people believe that meds is the easy way out. All the meds really do is help the chemical imbalance so that therapy can do its stuff.

exactly jillio that what my doctor believe not to over medicate me that why they decide to test me first to see what is best and writing journal and talking did help so i am getting better
smile

i am glad of hear sound great. I am happy hear sound you keep journal yourself you foucs yourself think more help you better history... Good idea.. i wish be journal i love journal.

moonflower,

I keep a journal as well. My therapist recommended I do this so that I can keep track of my moods and any situations that may be responsible for the way I feel. I share my journal with my therapist every week which allows him to identify patterns in my mood swings. He writes this information down in a chart which helps me understand what is triggering certain moods.

I'm glad to hear that it is helping you, Moonflower. And I agree that journaling is a great technique for helping depression. Sometimes meds are necessary for certain types of depression, and I am all for using them in those cases. But if it can be managed without meds, I also believe it not giving medication unless it is necessary. Too many people believe that meds is the easy way out. All the meds really do is help the chemical imbalance so that therapy can do its stuff.

And if you find it difficult to write for long like I do, it may help to draw instead to write..

And if you find it difficult to write for long like I do, it may help to draw instead to write..

When I was training at my local deafblind center in 1995, I had an art class. One of my assignments was to draw pictures using a raised line drawing kit while listening to my favorite music. This helped me release alot of the anger and frustration I felt regarding my deafblindness. I still do this today but instead of drawing, I "free write." (write anything that comes to mind)

Oh, absolutely. Drawing can be the whole journal or just a part of the journal. It serves the same purpose as writing does.

In my work with the kids of DV, I use a lot of drawing. They can tell you things in their pictures that they cannot say with words. Their pictures are full of information if you know what to look for.

When I was training at my local deafblind center in 1995, I had an art class. One of my assignments was to draw pictures using a raised line drawing kit while listening to my favorite music. This helped me release alot of the anger and frustration I felt regarding my deafblindness. I still do this today but instead of drawing, I "free write." (write anything that comes to mind)

I call that "stream of consciousness writing." Another great tool.

I interest about to positive. I hope be you more confident journal for your better i am glad of hear sound great.

i anti depression means bi polar is really depression easy you more modd angry and easy grumpy that is why you ignored to people doesn't want to negative. should be hope be happy.. and smile you more positive.. you forget it negative..

Travis,

I agree. It's difficult to have bipolar depression (or depression in general). It's also difficult to think positively, but we have to do the best we can. My tdoc recommended that I write a list of all the things I'm thankful for. I've been doing this ever since I started seeing him 1.5 years ago. Everytime I look at my lists, I always have something to feel good about. :)

I have treatment to behavior reason focus myself help you more imporove health. I have problem depression and bad mood sometimes that is not perfect. I understand I have problem and scared, angry. I reason you should be medication help you more improve medication. I think so you better improve help calm down. I think you should be more help you calm down. I hope be you are better future change you anti depression reason you know better hope be careful really not easy fast.. I think so not good..

Back