Dennis Johnson, a Celtic great dies yesterday

Casperman

Reaction score
Former pro basketball player Dennis Johnson
passed away today. He was 52 years old.

A spokeswoman for the Travis County Medical Examiner's office has confirmed the death and says there will be an autopsy.

Johnson was a five-time NBA All-Star and one of the best defensive players of his era.

Johnson played 14 seasons in the NBA, retiring after the 1989-90 campaign. He was the NBA Finals MVP in 1979, leading his Seattle team to the title. He also won championships with the
Boston Celtics in 1984 and 1986.

Johnson had been coaching the Austin Toros of the NBA's Developmental League.

remmy he played for Boston with Parish, Bird, Mchale and Ainge the best teammates yall can ask for... i aint for boston always for Lakers in 80s-90s but always love watch them play, thier playmaking etc

Yea I heard it on espn news. He was one of key to Boston's domiance in 80's.

p1.jpg

R.I.P, Dennis Johnson.

I am very sad. I used to look forward to watching the Celtics every week when I was a kid. Everyone knew him and liked him. He will be missed.

As a Bostonian, Back in 80's I remember DJ playing as an excellent defense player. I had always trusted him and the gang as a good team - Larry Bird, McHale, Parish, Ainge and the rest .. the best team of all I think. It is sad that DJ's life cut short. RIP DJ. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Back