denied rape kit true!!! here are sources

Simply being intoxicated is not justification for rape. And a rape kit offers evidence of force. Without it, no one knows. Had she been provided with a competent examination, there could very well have been evidence of rape. Others that you speak of need to be held responsible for their own actions.

Yes, that's right.

It can confirm thru blood test that something was put in the drink to make girls black out and remember nothing what happened afterward. They also can confirm sperms thru different DNA how many guys sex with her.

Thanks again babyblue, I always love to read true stories that anything we women need to be aware of the dangers we face in real life and how to avoid the danger after learning what happen to that person. It can be educational and helpful and help other women get support to protect themselves against rape.

Yes, me too. I love to read true story, no matter either it's mislead information or not but those stories is helpful and educational for all of us.

I agree it was wrong of the doctors and police to deny her rights to be tested for the drug in her system and sexually assulted. I believe she did the right thing to stand up and take them to court. If the table were turned on me and If I were in her shoes. I would really sue the hospital and the police department for not doing their sworn duties. Doctors and police are suppose to help people not abuse the system when they ask for help.

Yes, that's exactly. I support girl and wish her good luck win at court.

I read that the doctors informed police after test Rape Kit victims in Berlin, Frankfurt and Hamburg. Some arrest, some not. They took Rape Kit victims serious which is good thing. Their experiences help us to learn how to protect ourselves.

The fact that this young woman was denied a rape kit is inexcusable. I personally work as part of a Sexual Assault Crisis Response team. Anytime a sexual assault victim arrives in the emergency room, the members of the team that are on call at that time respond by going to the ER to assist the victim. The team members include a SANE nurse (sexual assault nurse examiner) who always, always does a rape kit and exam as soon as the preliminary paperwork has been completed. The SART team members are the only ones who handle rape cases, and 1 team member from each agency is always on call 24-7. Regular ER doctors don't even attempt to handle the sexual assualt cases, but simply put the victim in a consultation room, and calls the SART team members. We respond to all sexual assault cases, including child sexual assault. Team members include legal advocates, counselors, and medical professionals.

The way this young woman was treated is ridiculas.

If that is how your system works, what is your response to the quote:

Gina Scaramella, a spokesperson for the Boston Area Rape Crisis Center, said a person cannot consent to a rape kit if they are intoxicated. She added the plaintiff should have been able to receive treatment the following morning. The only reason to deny a rape kit to a sober person is if several days had passed, she said.

What is their policy on doing rape kit on one who was too drunk? Would the evidence disappear if GW waited until morning? I mean if the victim had to go to the bathroom for number two.

We have been able to obtain evidence through a rape kit up to 24 hours after the incident. In the cae of physical trauma caused by forced sexual contact, the abrasions, etc. don't heal that quickly. As far as semen is concerned, we can't always obtain semen samples from the victim internally at that time, but the clothing they were wearing at the time usually will yield semen samples. There are several things that we look for in the case of physical evidence.

Also, if a victim claims to have been drugged, a blood sample will show presece of that drug for upto 72 hours following the incident. The thing is there are several different ways to determine whether the probability of a rape has occurred. And, when a victim shows up in the ER claiming sexual assault, they are believed until there is evidence to the contrary. To tell someone who has been assaulted, "We don't believe you because you seem to be intoxicated" just serves to victimize the person a second time.

If that is how your system works, what is your response to the quote:

It said that she "appeared to be intoxicated." She was also claiming to have been drugged. A blood test should have been done to determine presence ofthe drug in her system, thus explaining her intoxicated state. A crisis tema shouldhave been called in, her clothing collected, new clothing provided, shelter for the night provided, and return to the hospital in the morning for further examination. Likewise, there should have been an examination that looked for external evidence, such a bruising on the thighs, etc. And one can consent depending upon the level of intoxication. And certainly, had Rohipnol been found in her system, it would have been justification for holding her in the hospital overnight.

There are many reasons a victim could "appear to be intoxicated." Shock could be one of them. The fact is,t he hospital did not even seek to determine if she was intoxiciated, if she had been drugged, or if there was a medical reason for her appearance. There were operating on assumption. The assumption should be that the event has occurred until evidence shows otherwise.

From this link I quote:

We do not allow plagiarism without citing the source.

And your remark about "So immature and so high school" isn't mature either. :)

Just let you know It not stealing by sharing the informations where I got my informations. I read the aders rules carefully. I never said the story was "written by me " , however I am allow to share the story just to get feed back on the situations. I know that is allowed. The rules did not say must required provided a link. But I can put the story on my thread. How is it stealing if I put down "written by me" that would be stealing. No offense. I means no disrespect to you. Please read my post carefully. I already informed Alex about the informations on the aders rules list. Peace.

It said that she "appeared to be intoxicated." She was also claiming to have been drugged. A blood test should have been done to determine presence ofthe drug in her system, thus explaining her intoxicated state. A crisis tema shouldhave been called in, her clothing collected, new clothing provided, shelter for the night provided, and return to the hospital in the morning for further examination. Likewise, there should have been an examination that looked for external evidence, such a bruising on the thighs, etc. And one can consent depending upon the level of intoxication. And certainly, had Rohipnol been found in her system, it would have been justification for holding her in the hospital overnight.

There are many reasons a victim could "appear to be intoxicated." Shock could be one of them. The fact is,t he hospital did not even seek to determine if she was intoxiciated, if she had been drugged, or if there was a medical reason for her appearance. There were operating on assumption. The assumption should be that the event has occurred until evidence shows otherwise.

Yep, a person who put drugs in someone's drink still a crime. The story says she didn't have many drinks. Lot of guys put drugs in girls drink to make it look like she had many drinks when she didn't. I have heard horror stories that some drugs that been put in women's drinks are almost "untraceable" to find. It's obviously that predators who are prowling that scene in search of easy prey to rape innocent women and young girls.

Just let you know It not stealing by sharing the informations where I got my informations. I read the aders rules carefully. I never said the story was "written by me " , however I am allow to share the story just to get feed back on the situations. I know that is allowed. The rules did not say must required provided a link. But I can put the story on my thread. How is it stealing if I put down "written by me" that would be stealing. No offense. I means no disrespect to you. Please read my post carefully. I already informed Alex about the informations on the aders rules list. Peace.

Until Alex say otherwise (my boss), just comply to the plagiarism in accordance to our common sense. Any plagiarized articles found in AllDeaf will find Alex accountable and legal actions can be done against us. We are here to protect AllDeaf in any way we can.

Well put--afterall, it's common sense to give credit where due as well as possibly facing legal action(s). For all its worth, what choice would be in the best interest?? To continue with the plagiarism, copyright infringement or give credit where due??

From the Mod Team's viewpoint, the latter one serves the best interest for Alldeaf and its members...therefore, in the meantime, use your common sense and provide such links/source whenever copying and pasting from anywhere else.

:ty:
~RR

Back