Demand to talk ...

Like it almost never happened to me :o
And yet you get those SSI thingy? :ugh:

Originally posted by DirtyOldMan
Like it almost never happened to me :o
And yet you get those SSI thingy? :ugh:

No, I no longer have SSI for some time, but they keep my account open anyway. They say I should use their Medicare benefits (I never do.) and if I ever lose my job again in future, it would be easier for me to go back on SSI, etc... (not what I want at all). They always want see some kind of stupid paperwork and I always end up having to call them to tell them I already submitted this and that.

Originally posted by SilenceGold
One of the SS offices hung up on me when I tried to use the relay phone call just to update my change of address. I called again but told the operators to talk what I was typing as soon as someone answered...

I told the operators that I am going to use a TTY feature to print out the beginning of the converstation and use that as evidence that I was being ignored. I caught this person saying, "We do not accept 3rd party unsolicated phone calls (Hung up)."

I walked into the SSI office and asked for the manager and told this person that I'll like to speak to "Jane" whom identified on the first phone call. It turned out as a 40-50 yrs old lady. I gave the manager a hint that this lady knew me which is why this lady came out wondering who was wanting to see her. I asked her a question, "Do you have anything against deaf people?" She ended up ignoring me and asking the boss if she could go. I just turned over this TTY message to this boss of hers and let this boss read it. This lady got into an argument that I had forged it and called me dumb in front of the boss. It was all because of this hang up scene.

The boss apologized to me. I said that the apology would not be accepted from this boss. That happened back in '99.

Few years later, when I did a phone call to the same office. She identified herself as Jane. Then she hung up. This time, I filed a claim against this SS office. Same boss was working there. Their lawyers made a settlement with me that they got their own local TDD phone installed. :)

They always expect deaf people to sit back and let them do what we want. Because of my stance...they gave up and let me stand up.

Oh shit!! That was bad! You'd think they'd have learned their lesson the first time?? LOL! Yeah, right. Good joke! I have called SSA thru relay to change address and some updates on my case. Few weeks later, I find out they never changed the info!! I ended up losing benefits for several months while SSA reviewed my closed case. I was unemployed when all this shit hit the fan! That happened somehwere back in '97.

Originally posted by kuifje75
No, I no longer have SSI for some time, but they keep my account open anyway. They say I should use their Medicare benefits (I never do.) and if I ever lose my job again in future, it would be easier for me to go back on SSI, etc... (not what I want at all). They always want see some kind of stupid paperwork and I always end up having to call them to tell them I already submitted this and that.

Oooooh, don't get me started on SSA paperwork.. They lost my paperwork twice in one year! They asked me to go redo an audiogram and I told them I wouldn't go unless the SSA or the doctor provided an interpreter. They got all huffy with me, then I huffed back, "Do I *HAVE* to tell you how the legal system works? You're part of the US government, you should already know and follow the ADA! So, either you put up or shut up!" I know that sounded rude, but that's the only way I can get myself heard by hearing people.

in Canada I do have no plm through gov't for soical Insurance number same as SSI. I can cal thorugh relay but I don't like tty direct cuz it always no answer. what a waste time.

this reminded me of when it's about 8 yrs ago, when I tried to order mexican food via relay call on tty, and someone kept hanging up on me and I got p**ed off, since I am hoh and can speak well I decided to go there to grill the manager out and told them that they're not getting my business if they hang up again...but they still do, oh well...that's their problem, I'd just go to different one that will take my phone order on tty

Yes, pizza resturants occassionally do that to me. Mistaking me as a telemarketter.

Originally posted by Deaf258
That happened to me before on one of my credit card bills. They wouldn't accept a relay call, so I had to ask my mom to call for me. They still won't accept a call from her because they have to speak to me by hearing and talking on the handset. Dumb hearies.

Yeah...it really shits me whenever that happens. Just a few days ago, my husband received a call from my AGC loan account company and they wanted to talk to me directly, but since I'm Deaf and my hubby explained to them that I couldn't talk on the phone and it was my husband talking to them. They refused to disclose the reason for the call. It shits me cos it wasted our time, then I called directly via relay -- it was cos my account for my car loan was late and they thought I hadn't paid for it when they called me the day before. When I called, they said not to worry cos my account was up to date. Grr... *sigh*

Goldie

don't worry all we have the same problem in canada .. i've called my bank many times and i had to agree about bullshit like "You assume that a 3rth party is listening and we are not responsable if anything happen to your account... you must know that the bank is a safe place and we care about security blablabla" i was about to say yo cut the bullshit im on my cellphone and it take time.. LOL but i didn't say it i've just agreed

sometimes they want to give me a tty number i always say "the day you will answer those damn line i will call it .. so for now i will talk to you"

sometimes they say "are you sure you dont want to call the tty line... me: LOOK i'm waiting for over 20 minutes to get a agent .. i dont want to call another number and wait again"

fuck them they are always afraid about the relay services look the relay sevices isn't here to ffraud he's here to do my ears.... anyway i'm half deaf so i can speak clearly so sometimes when they hear my voice they shut the fuck up and serv me .. lol

This is not just the bank but anywhere i call .. i've lost many interview job because i give the relay services number ( do i have a choice?) anyway i've not gratuated in Photography and i'm completing a graphic designer course so i better get a job after this lol :)

Ciao for now!

not you only the ones..

Includes rest of us as case.. always bullshitt'n w/other companies who doesn't accept 3rd parties.. I kept bitch'n .. finally accept my idenitfy "DEAF" sometimes other companies aren't... Made me annoys! I kept ignore the call they are kind unpleasant w/me.. Sometimes My older son or daughter answered the phone and told them.. SORRY, you can't talk me because I'm CHILD.. you have to use Bell Relay Services.. and gave nbr # then immeditily hang it up. Few minutes later, Finally call here.. They realized that we are true DEAF.. Give me a break!

:roll:

Yeah, I also get frustrated with the relay, because most of hearing people are afraid of relay and they never call me through my voice relay number. I also use TDD software to call TTYs and I am trying to teach hearing people that relay is not FRAUD, and the most important thing is to explain to hearing people who you are and explain your disability then maybe they can accept the call or not. Life is not very easy and we have to face many things and sometimes it can be frustrating.

2 years ago I call pizza place for pizza and give them my phone number and tell them to use the 711 relay number to call me back.

5 mins later the phone rings and I answer and no one was there, maybe a prank call.

60 minutes later I called about my pizza and they say they did call to verify my phone number and they said they heard only 'fax tones' and they cancelled my order and they only deliver pizza to places with real fone numbers. I told them my number is a real number and I use a TTY device to talk on the fone.

HOW LAME!

Thats why I order from Pizzahut.com and havent had a problem with them.

I complained to the Pizza Loco corporate office. My complaint was responded with 5 cards for free large pizzas and an apology letter. I havent used the cards yet as I'm not gonna go through this shit with them again.

Richard

Nesmuth said:
2 years ago I call pizza place for pizza and give them my phone number and tell them to use the 711 relay number to call me back.

5 mins later the phone rings and I answer and no one was there, maybe a prank call.

60 minutes later I called about my pizza and they say they did call to verify my phone number and they said they heard only 'fax tones' and they cancelled my order and they only deliver pizza to places with real fone numbers. I told them my number is a real number and I use a TTY device to talk on the fone.

HOW LAME!

Thats why I order from Pizzahut.com and havent had a problem with them.

I complained to the Pizza Loco corporate office. My complaint was responded with 5 cards for free large pizzas and an apology letter. I havent used the cards yet as I'm not gonna go through this shit with them again.

Richard

*scoff laughing*~ :giggle:
Noth'n new rest of other resturant are same includes..

Back