Demand to talk ...

E

eternity

On the phone for my confirmation. They want to HEAR my voice that I say my name and my ssn. I was like well Im deaf... How am i suppose to hear from what they are saying? I asked someone to tell that rep from other place. If they refuse to take the CALL from me which I have 3rd party to translate from what they r saying and I ll file ADA. He was like oh ok hold on let me get a SUPERVISOR... eh? Finally, his supervisor approved to talk to 3rd (3rd party) person.

If some of you... Dont be PASSIVE.... If they refuse... just do something about it... Dont let them WIN.. I do not let anyone put me down. I do what I want. Whether they like it or not. If they refuse.. I would say ahhh Ok i ll get ADA.. they would just ahh umm um no wait.... I ll do it.. or whatever. It's easy way to make them do it because they do not want to lose their money for discrimination or license or whatever is that.

I hate it when they do that!

I find it helpful to send in a letter questioning the intelligence of its call handling centre and offer them a Deaf Awareness workshop for $ X.

Normally the company accept 3rd Party calls after this has been raised with its Management.

That happened to me before on one of my credit card bills. They wouldn't accept a relay call, so I had to ask my mom to call for me. They still won't accept a call from her because they have to speak to me by hearing and talking on the handset. Dumb hearies.

The worst offender is... SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINSTRATION!!!!

They give you all TTY numbers to call, but nobody ever answers them. Then you try to call via relay, and they refuse to take it, referring you to the TTY hotline numbers. I told them: "But they never answer the TTY!" They tell me "to call within office hours." I say "I just tried calling them before calling you now?!" Sometimes I think our government agencies are full of STUPID MORONS.

Tax Dept: What is your gender?

Me: Male

Tax Dept: Are you sure?

Me: (drops pants) What does it look like?

Yeah, happens to me sometimes. There are times when they won't even accept the call because they fear that their call is being recorded.

I am going through that for long time.. :madfawk:
the credit collectors have been bothering us alot, even Voicemail didn't help at all... they didn't leave msg.. GEEZ
one of my kids answered the call, they asked is Annie or Marcus, one of my kids said.. they are here but can i take message, they hang up on them.. or.. even they said.. Let me talk to them, one of my kids said.. well they are deaf, i can give the message to them. they said you are lying or bullshit.. so i decided to keep all up the id callers.. (it doesnt show the numbers just annoymous call).. and call one of our friend who is cop, he came over and spend a few hours, and talked to them. I called credit breau to file complaint.. but no proof because which company.. :mad2:
so i have 2nd line phone for family/emegerncy only.. and leave 1st line off hook.. :naughty:
:rofl:

Listening to everyone's stories is just making me more pissed off about the world we live in. I wish I experience some of it 1st hand, but being hearing, I don't. God, I wish I could somehow change this BS.

same here, I usual call through relay service some of them hung up on me thought adverstments or what?! When I came at Mall and to Kay Jewelery they just called me and hardly call them back oh sorry, they said why they called me it was lettin me know there is sale :roll:. Another I called somethings and asked to call there on TTY number they already on with me and hung up then I called on TTY kept ringing none took made me mad and called back on phone through relay again they said please call on tty spell numbers and hung up, rude!!! have happen many

Originally posted by prostock19
Listening to everyone's stories is just making me more pissed off about the world we live in. I wish I experience some of it 1st hand, but being hearing, I don't. God, I wish I could somehow change this BS.

Matt, as a person whom shares our frustrations with these continously issues, you as a fellow supporter of the trying seek a solution to a vary of issues can write to your local Governor.

You have an important role of being a friend. You are friend to us, not someone we have to order around to assist us. So if you do speak up to lead the way to be friends of us, then we push our case for the assistance to communicate in the areas that need to be improved on.

It can not be left up to us to change things we need all the help we can get.

Cos you have a constitutional right to be friend without having to be caught up in our struggles...

An old Indian on reserve once said to me "If you seek wisdom, then wisdom needs the freedom".

By seeking freedom, we begin to tranverse into a society that can share that wisdom and improve on the accessibility issues...

Originally posted by TommyGirl
same here, I usual call through relay service some of them hung up on me thought adverstments or what?! When I came at Mall and to Kay Jewelery they just called me and hardly call them back oh sorry, they said why they called me it was lettin me know there is sale :roll:. Another I called somethings and asked to call there on TTY number they already on with me and hung up then I called on TTY kept ringing none took made me mad and called back on phone through relay again they said please call on tty spell numbers and hung up, rude!!! have happen many
That happened to me too. Since New Zealand does not have a Relay Service up and running yet, I used to use the Internet Relays to make calls back here - I can no longer do this as the Internet Relay Companies have stopped accepting International calls. My receivers in New Zealand would hang up on an American voice...

Originally posted by WonderBum
Matt, as a person whom shares our frustrations with these continously issues, you as a fellow supporter of the trying seek a solution to a vary of issues can write to your local Governor.

You have an important role of being a friend. You are friend to us, not someone we have to order around to assist us. So if you do speak up to lead the way to be friends of us, then we push our case for the assistance to communicate in the areas that need to be improved on.

It can not be left up to us to change things we need all the help we can get.

I defiently agree with WonderBum! Thank you for helping us as much as u can matt... we appreciate it a lot. :cuddle:

Otherwise, the other things that have happened to you all.. I hope it never happens to me.. :cry:

Originally posted by kuifje75
The worst offender is... SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINSTRATION!!!!

They give you all TTY numbers to call, but nobody ever answers them. Then you try to call via relay, and they refuse to take it, referring you to the TTY hotline numbers. I told them: "But they never answer the TTY!" They tell me "to call within office hours." I say "I just tried calling them before calling you now?!" Sometimes I think our government agencies are full of STUPID MORONS.

Same here. I tend to use relay number to make call to regular SSI phone number. You are right.. hearing people are morons.

Yeah, I have similiar experiences with various companies, even credit card companies, SSI administration, and even pizza delivery. RME at morons.

One of the SS offices hung up on me when I tried to use the relay phone call just to update my change of address. I called again but told the operators to talk what I was typing as soon as someone answered...

I told the operators that I am going to use a TTY feature to print out the beginning of the converstation and use that as evidence that I was being ignored. I caught this person saying, "We do not accept 3rd party unsolicated phone calls (Hung up)."

I walked into the SSI office and asked for the manager and told this person that I'll like to speak to "Jane" whom identified on the first phone call. It turned out as a 40-50 yrs old lady. I gave the manager a hint that this lady knew me which is why this lady came out wondering who was wanting to see her. I asked her a question, "Do you have anything against deaf people?" She ended up ignoring me and asking the boss if she could go. I just turned over this TTY message to this boss of hers and let this boss read it. This lady got into an argument that I had forged it and called me dumb in front of the boss. It was all because of this hang up scene.

The boss apologized to me. I said that the apology would not be accepted from this boss. That happened back in '99.

Few years later, when I did a phone call to the same office. She identified herself as Jane. Then she hung up. This time, I filed a claim against this SS office. Same boss was working there. Their lawyers made a settlement with me that they got their own local TDD phone installed. :)

They always expect deaf people to sit back and let them do what we want. Because of my stance...they gave up and let me stand up.

Originally posted by SilenceGold
One of the SS offices hung up on me when I tried to use the relay phone call just to update my change of address. I called again but told the operators to talk what I was typing as soon as someone answered...

I told the operators that I am going to use a TTY feature to print out the beginning of the converstation and use that as evidence that I was being ignored. I caught this person saying, "We do not accept 3rd party unsolicated phone calls (Hung up)."

I walked into the SSI office and asked for the manager and told this person that I'll like to speak to "Jane" whom identified on the first phone call. It turned out as a 40-50 yrs old lady. I gave the manager a hint that this lady knew me which is why this lady came out wondering who was wanting to see her. I asked her a question, "Do you have anything against deaf people?" She ended up ignoring me and asking the boss if she could go. I just turned over this TTY message to this boss of hers and let this boss read it. This lady got into an argument that I had forged it and called me dumb in front of the boss. It was all because of this hang up scene.

The boss apologized to me. I said that the apology would not be accepted from this boss. That happened back in '99.

Few years later, when I did a phone call to the same office. She identified herself as Jane. Then she hung up. This time, I filed a claim against this SS office. Same boss was working there. Their lawyers made a settlement with me that they got their own local TDD phone installed. :)

They always expect deaf people to sit back and let them do what we want. Because of my stance...they gave up and let me stand up.

Oh man, it's very discrimination from their local SSA office.
I alway use 800# voice line instead of local. Largest SSA office very friendly person I talked with her thru relay service about change new home addy. Or walk-in for award letters before my re-certification of rental apts (annually).

Back