Dell Dimension XPS D233 Boot Problem.

Josh B

Reaction score
My mom friend want me fixing her old Dell. Again. *sigh* Last week, I fixed it somewhat, I manged somehow to change a CMOS jumper to access maintenance mode to disable 2 passwords, and back to boot normal. I was double checking then boot it up normally. She take it to her home, and plug it up and it working for 2 days. Then next day, nothing. Same boot errors like last week, and there have a unknown password on BIOS setup.

Attachments

• IMG_0092.jpg
    IMG_0092.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 9
Looks like the clock is off. You need to go into the bios and set the clock. If it does this everytime it boots after setting the clock then most likley it's your cmos battery that needs to be replaced. On some motherboards this battery is soldered in and on some it's replacable. Many are the flat batteries that look like a quarter. On many systems there might be a jumper for resetting the password or you may be able to remove the cmos battery to reset the bios password. Also contact Dell as they may be able to give specific instructions for that model. Best of luck.

Looks like the clock is off. You need to go into the bios and set the clock. If it does this everytime it boots after setting the clock then most likley it's your cmos battery that needs to be replaced. On some motherboards this battery is soldered in and on some it's replacable. Many are the flat batteries that look like a quarter. On many systems there might be a jumper for resetting the password or you may be able to remove the cmos battery to reset the bios password. Also contact Dell as they may be able to give specific instructions for that model. Best of luck.

He stolen my idea. Just kidding.

Back