deleted account .. why?

zajko

Reaction score
Hi.

My account "merlouska" was deleted. Can someone explain me, why?
I tried to contact administrator via contactform, but noone bothered with any respond.

I really dont understand it. I didn't post anything bad nor break forum rules, so why??

Not sure, I think it was in december 2010.. but I don't think it is very relevant.

Accounts can't disappear randomly, someone had to delete my account.. :(

Maybe it was a question of lack of use? I don't recall seeing that name on any posts. Maybe the admins were just doing a little housekeeping and deleting inactive accounts.

We really aren't able to answer your question. You'll have to ask Alex or a mod why your acct was deleted. The members don't know. :dunno:

beach girl: no, I used that account. I was still logged in, reading posts and I also tried to post a question into the CI&HA section recently, but it was moderated, so I asked here in this section, why .. this topic is deleted too..

look here - google has some archives. the topic about post moderation was started last week.. thursday or friday I think :/

oceanbreeze: yeah, I know, but I hoped that moderators sometimes check this section and will be able to answer me.. because I tried to contact "administrator" via contactform and nobody answered, mods don't allow private messages.. so what else can I do? ask them in their "visitor's messages"?

Yes, I remember you. :) You're from the Czech Republic. I was hoping that you would stick around because I don't know much your country and was hoping to find out. I guess to stay on topic with what the forum is about -- it would be interesting to find out what life is like for most d/D/HH people in your country. Is it hard to get hearing aids like for many people in the US or fairly easy like for some people in the UK -- depending upon what part of the UK they live in? Are unemployment rates higher for the d/D/HH compared to the rest of the population like in the US? Do kids get mainstreamed or sent to their own schools? Are assistive listening devices common? Things like that.

Welcome back! :)

Jazzberry:

Well, I don't have any problem with answering your questions, but I'm not sure if this topic is the right place to discuss it. You know .. noone would search info about Czech Rep in a topic related to deleted account :D

So maybe someone can open a new thread in an appropriate section (as I still have problems with topics and posts moderation, I don't dare to start new threads :D) or ask me via PM.

anyway... I'd still like to know why was my previous account deleted :( Is here any other possibility how to contact mods than their visitors messages?

Zajko,

If your first few posts were about a business website of any kind, that's usually a sign of a spammer. I'm not accusing you of being a spammer, but AllDeaf gets so much spam on a daily basis that I usually delete these accounts without fully investigating whether it's a legit member or not.

That's the only reason I can think of an account being deleted all of a sudden around here.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Zajko -- no problem! I actually probably shouldn't have jumped on you with a bunch of questions right away. If, after you hang out here for awhile, you feel like telling us what life is like in the Czech Republic that would be interesting.

In the meantime, welcome again to AD! I joined recently myself and I really enjoy the forum. Lots of interesting posters and great threads.

Alex: thanks for answer.
I didn't post any links to extern websites except one post where I was asking for some accessories to CI processors.

But nevermind.. if the deletion is irreversible, I can use this new acount and hope that it won't be deleted again :)

Jazzberry: Thanks. I enjoy it here too, but I don't have time to read everything, so I guess I'll be hanging out mostly in the CI&HA section :D This forum is soooo big for me :)

zakjo, I may have an answer for you.

Users with 0 posts are deleted at Alex's discretion every now and then to clean up and free the user/database of unused nicknames and space. Everyday the forum receives many new registrations, anywhere from 10-20+, but most of them rarely post and just take up space, most of them are all spammers.

So, if you did not post anything with merlouska you may have been caught in purging.
We apologize for the inconvenience it caused you if this is what happened.

^^^I've wondered about that. I've cruised through the member lists, and there are SO many people with zero posts. I wondered if "house cleaning" was needed from time to time.

You want to put up a picture of yourself as your avatar or as a post?

If avatar, I can see it right now. Seems you got that done right.

Back