Decorated hearing aids

JennyB

Reaction score
I decided to post some pics of different things that I have done :)

n502618612_534331_973.jpg

n502618612_534334_1927.jpg

n502618612_653445_4546.jpg

n502618612_1253295_9417.jpg

Kingston+1+158.JPG

Some of it is done with sticker paper that I printed a design onto and then cut to fit the hearing aids. Some of them are rhinestones with sticky backs. I just slid the beads onto the tubing.

Jenny, That's cool decorate! Why not you can put these pictures in your blog website?

Do you have a favourite of what you have done? Actually, I know someone who put stickers of an elephant on HER hearing aids!

I like the purple and blue one. I have done all kinds of different things. I don't take pictures every time I decorate though. This is just a little sample.

Not so. I can rip off her idea as well as another younger newbie. ;) love it.

Great pics JennyB and thanks for the inspiration. I am happy that you followed up on the other post re: your decorated aids. They are beautiful. The first sticker one is my personal fave.

I covered my aids in mini rhinestones. I'd have never done it if I hadnt seen yours first. You could market decorating kits bet ya. I havent done anything with the tubes or molds yet. Notice the word "yet"? I have scoped some tiny Tinkerbell stickers at the local dollar store. Think that will be next when the sparlkies have worn off.

Yep, JennyB inspired me! My aids have a slightly raised part which makes it difficult for stiff stickers to stick to (what a mouthful!). I like the purple and blue beads the best :)

I'v never actually decorated my hearing aids. I guess it belongs to the NHS, so I don't really want to make a mess of them since I will eventually get a new HA/or give them back

That's true, Lissa, they are property of the NHS, but you can always remove stickers, and scrape it off if there's any glue left behind.

When I was at school (with HA's belonging to NHS) the in house Audiologist put different pictured stickers on our HA's so she can recongise them when back from repairs or to prevent us from mixing them up in the dorm as we were boarders. As TA in training, I have seen many HA's/CI's covered in stickers now days. I don't think it's a problem as long it doesn't do any damage.

I remove any misplaced bits with a cotton swab very lightly dampened with alcohol. I mean almost dry. It works great. Dont do it if you are wary. The lady at the craft store thought about removal with nearly dry swab of Goo Gone. I dunno about that one though. My audio said I could wipe my aids with alcohol, so I think it wont hurt mine.

Back