Death of All Current Sidekicks

I j ust spoke with Customer Service from T-mobile, and if you want to upgrade to a different T-mobile phone and still have deaf/hard of hearing plan, they're offering a promotion of $49.99 until March 31

right now t mobile is offering an deaf and hearing impaired promotional plan that is $49.99 per month uhm that includes unlimited web and unlimited text messaging and this offer goes until march 31st. (copied/pasted from my internet relay call)

Damn. I really liked my 29.99 plan. Hate to have to pay more for data/internet/text. I may be switching to Verizon afterall (or ATT if I ever find out when AT&T takes over our local Alltel service).

new 4G Android Sidekick to be released sometime this coming spring, unless there's manufacturing problems, then later. I would consider the new Sidekick if only I had more info on it... I'll give it until April 20 (that's when my current contract with T-mobile expires) or May 31 (when Sidekick data goes byebye!) to make my decision.

RIP, Danger, 2002 - 2011: Microsoft axing service on May 31st, T-Mobile promises customers an 'easy transition' -- Engadget

Well, Tmobile/Microsoft decided to cut off the Danger service on May 31. So... Who want texting based Sidekicks!?:lol:
... so... i have at&t and bought an unlocked sidekick, which is in the mail to me right now (it's nib but apparently you can just pop in the at&t sim and it's ready to go & and or i watched a tutorial on how to unlock it...) so do you know what kinds of changes i will experience, once 5/31 comes around?

Not sure if it is true or a rumor

T-Mobile Sidekick 4G specs - Phone Arena

Sidekick with android

Yes, it's true because the old Sidekicks use Danger software which it no onger supports... the new Sidekick 4G uses Andriod software.

I received a letter from T-Mobile warning about the data service that closes on May 31st. My wife still uses hers while I stopped mine last Dec. We plan to buy smartphones asap... still deciding which one to buy underway.

LOL my hub and i didtalk about about it today. It's no fun to make decision which to pick the familiar cell phone. :dizzy: If the worse come to worst. I will get it when it dies on me. :dunno2:

yes I'm still using the sidekick 3. A dinosaur! I'm researching new phones. Still want one with a nice solid keyboard to type in not just all a touch screen. I remember the first time I used a pager it was a motorola a 2-way pager it was just black and white. Then I got a Wyndtell just when people got their first edition of the sidekick. It was black and white! My goodness how fast technology has changed! Blink your eye and boom version 50 is here!

That's what I think. My husband is going to get one too when his current contract is up.

I did not check into it. does it have GPS if you have to order to add the feature on virgin. I know it can show the map but GPS? :hmm:

what kind of virgin mobile do you have? my girl got rumor touch.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

addieb82 said:
dragonman3000 said:
RIP, Danger, 2002 - 2011: Microsoft axing service on May 31st, T-Mobile promises customers an 'easy transition' -- Engadget

Well, Tmobile/Microsoft decided to cut off the Danger service on May 31. So... Who want texting based Sidekicks!?:lol:

... so... i have at&t and bought an unlocked sidekick, which is in the mail to me right now (it's nib but apparently you can just pop in the at&t sim and it's ready to go & and or i watched a tutorial on how to unlock it...) so do you know what kinds of changes i will experience, once 5/31 comes around?

3g will not work on sidekick 3g models on at&t network due to different band. It will work fine on edge network. The cloud service will still go offline from danger. Sidekick still can be used on at&t network but you cant sync contacts, etc with danger basically on their own.

Last edited:
Get iPhone 4/5 or Android based device of your choice so transition is easy as hell.

is that a one year contract?

I j ust spoke with Customer Service from T-mobile, and if you want to upgrade to a different T-mobile phone and still have deaf/hard of hearing plan, they're offering a promotion of $49.99 until March 31

right now t mobile is offering an deaf and hearing impaired promotional plan that is $49.99 per month uhm that includes unlimited web and unlimited text messaging and this offer goes until march 31st. (copied/pasted from my internet relay call)

Damn. I really liked my 29.99 plan. Hate to have to pay more for data/internet/text. I may be switching to Verizon afterall (or ATT if I ever find out when AT&T takes over our local Alltel service).

new 4G Android Sidekick to be released sometime this coming spring, unless there's manufacturing problems, then later. I would consider the new Sidekick if only I had more info on it... I'll give it until April 20 (that's when my current contract with T-mobile expires) or May 31 (when Sidekick data goes byebye!) to make my decision.

Haha, in a way I'm kinda happy about this. Some stubborn deafies will finally get an iPhone or Android phone. THAT is the way life is ment to be!!

Oh, and for those in Texas, you can get a free cell phone (up to $300) through STAP!!

The deaf plan with AT&T for the iPhone is $45.00 (if you don't use much data bandwidth, you can get the $35.00 plan). Personally I think you should switch to AT&T, better coverage. And you can jailbreak the iPhone which gives you a LOT of things you can do like free apps and stuff

Not sure if it is true or a rumor

T-Mobile Sidekick 4G specs - Phone Arena

Sidekick with android

That's what's supposed to come out, dunno if they will still release it. But seriously just move on, It has a small screen, limited hardware, no touch screen. Blah, waste of money IMHO. Get an android phone like the EVO with the front camera or the iPhone 4, they are extremely deaf friendly. One example: they have an app that will convert VoiceMail to Text for you to read.

Sell that sucker on ebay quick!!

is that a one year contract?

No, it'll most likely be the standard 2 year contract

Last edited:
Back