death by eye drops

Woman allegedly tries to kill hubby with eye drops - Yahoo! News

Pretty soon, you'll have to ask the pharmacist for Visine and show identification. :roll:

I had no idea eye drops were poisonous when ingested! You learn something new every day.

Yep!

Heard of it before.

My grandmother told me long before she passed away that some women would put a few drops in their drunk husbands coffee to knock them out to sleep.

They called it
" knock out drops"

But yes it highly toxic.

Oh wow! I didnt know that eye drops are very toxic! Like the OP, I just learned something new today...:eek:

Agatha Christie books often used these homemade murder methods. Cozy!:hmm:

Oh it is so weird you should say that. Because my original post (that says "a murder mystery book") was going to say "an Agatha Christie book," but I have never read her books so I didn't know if that would really be true, so I changed it to a generic murder mystery book instead. LOL :)

Oh it is so weird you should say that. Because my original post (that says "a murder mystery book") was going to say "an Agatha Christie book," but I have never read her books so I didn't know if that would really be true, so I changed it to a generic murder mystery book instead. LOL :)

I love Christie. I remember one book where she killed someone by having an old lady bandage a cut on her victim with a bandage rubbed with septic matter from a cat's infected ear.

She had quite an imagination.

I love Christie. I remember one book where she killed someone by having an old lady bandage a cut on her victim with a bandage rubbed with septic matter from a cat's infected ear.

She had quite an imagination.

:eek3: Yes, quite an imagination, indeed.

I personally love Sue Grafton as far as murder mysteries go. She's kind of "fluffy" in her writing, but it's so humorous that I love her books.

:eek3: Yes, quite an imagination, indeed.

I personally love Sue Grafton as far as murder mysteries go. She's kind of "fluffy" in her writing, but it's so humorous that I love her books.

I do too. I own every one she has written so far.:)

Seen the movie "The Wedding Crashers"?

Yeah...you get the point.

I'm not surprised.

There's a myth that eyedrops give you explosive diarrhea.

Oh wow! I didnt know that eye drops are very toxic! Like the OP, I just learned something new today...:eek:

LOL! Me too. And this thread title sounds like a murder mystery title. My mother is a big fan of them and that's all she ever reads.

That's interesting.

You know, Ironically, it is highly toxic when it is ingested but come to think of it, We use it and put it on our eyes. You'd think it would do a number on our eyes when we use these eyedrops and it doesn't when it only serves a purpose on the eyes.

Cozy??? That doesn't make sense, unless you believe that Agatha Christie books and homemade murder methods are "comfortable", "snug", or "friendly".

Cozy??? That doesn't make sense, unless you believe that Agatha Christie books and homemade murder methods are "comfortable", "snug", or "friendly".

"Cozy" is a specific type of British mystery novels.

um, I wonder what happens when I put eye drops in my eyes, and some runs down my face and I lick them? am I poisoning myself? :hmm:

Back