Dear STUDENTS/NEW POSTERS

lovezebras

Reaction score
As the school year is fast approaching I shall take it upon myself to give you a friendly reminder that we don't mind ASL students, terps, deaf culture enthusiasts, etc..HOWEVER ...We do not like being bothered with ONLY homework questions or class questions. If you want to be apart of alldeaf I suggest you not just post once or twice but introduce yourself and get to KNOW the forum by using the ever-so-easy SEARCH button at the top of alldeaf in between quick links and new posts.

Before posting a specific question, again, may I suggest using the Search tool...it's very handy.

Like I said get to know the forum and Don't just post about how you need help with your homework.

We can be a friendly bunch but I like some others here don't like being "used"...

I love being helpful but find it thoroughly ignorant that some people post once and never come back...if you're so interested in deaf culture..become a member and post more than in one thread that you've made for a project your prof has given you:)

Please and thanks :)
:ty:

this is why I said to use the search feature..hopefully this alleviates the mass threads of stupidity and repetition

So if they come for the sole purpose of asking questions, I would talk about deaf ferrets, deaf cats, and deaf dogs. I can ask them if they want to create a Deaf event where all deaf ferrets and deaf cats can get together, laugh, drink beer, and have a joyful time in Deaf World :).

So if they come for the sole purpose of asking questions, I would talk about deaf ferrets, deaf cats, and deaf dogs. I can ask them if they want to create a Deaf event where all deaf ferrets and deaf cats can get together, laugh, drink beer, and have a joyful time in Deaf World :).

And maybe try to turbocharge something in there, too, eh? :lol:

What if a deaf ferret drove a turbocharged car with a deaf rottweiler working the pedals?

The car could be power by deaf ferrets , you just will need to have a lot small wheels that the deaf ferrets could run in to power the car , andthe ferrets are deaf they'll hear the car running.

Better perhaps if you had the normal number of wheels, and had the ferrets all running in wheels in the engine compartment to store the energy in a flywheel or battery. Best to use a front wheel drive car, the transmission tunnel could be used to allow them to scurry to a bar and hot tub in the spare tire storage under the floor of the trunk to relax and recuperate between shifts running on the wheels. There'd be blackjack and deaf female ferret hookers to keep them motivated!

Of course, there's a fundamental reason why this wouldn't work: flywheel or battery = no turbocharger.

Those deaf ferret hookers would entertain cats too!! I'm sure cats will have a good laugh out of this.

Hi guys!! I am hoping to be a student myself. I've been learning ASL for 2 years; reading books at the library, and watching videos on youtube. My vocabulary is very fluent, but I have no experience with the deaf community, so my grammar needs work. Though, I have learned alot on youtube. I was watching one really good video about a deaf (and hearing) family who was debating on whether or not a child should have Cochlear Implants. (I was against the idea myself)
I have one question for anyone who signs: what is the sign for "definately"?
In the video, the speech-hearing mother of a deaf son signed it with two 'x' hands infront of body, palms facing eachother, move forward.
I tried looking up the sign, but I couldn't find it, so I'm assuming this is accurate.

If you'd like to see the video, here's the link:

There are 6 parts, so you should be able to find the next ones below the video where it says 'show more'.
Oh, and I don't think there are very many subtitles, but lots of signing. I'll try find a version with full subtitles and see if I can link it.

Hi guys!! I am hoping to be a student myself. I've been learning ASL for 2 years; reading books at the library, and watching videos on youtube. My vocabulary is very fluent, but I have no experience with the deaf community, so my grammar needs work. Though, I have learned alot on youtube. I was watching one really good video about a deaf (and hearing) family who was debating on whether or not a child should have Cochlear Implants. (I was against the idea myself)
In the video, the speech-hearing mother of a deaf son signed it with two 'x' hands infront of body, palms facing eachother, move forward.
I tried looking up the sign, but I couldn't find it, so I'm assuming this is accurate.

There are 6 parts, so you should be able to find the next ones below the video where it says 'show more'.
Oh, and I don't think there are very many subtitles, but lots of signing. I'll try find a version with full subtitles and see if I can link it.

u didnt link it try again

I use the index finger of a "D" hand coming away from the lips with a "definite" look on my face!

But it is interesting to note which thread a new student chose to ask this question!

this is why I said to use the search feature..hopefully this alleviates the mass threads of stupidity and repetition

As Mark Twain once said, "Common sense is not so common." Don't count on it....

Gonna give this a bump so that the new students perhaps see it and take the post into consideration before asking stupid questions..lol ..I won't hold my breath ...haha but we'll see :P

Back