Dear Diary

AlleyCat

Reaction score
Dear Diary,

Today I woke up at 4:49 a.m. because I couldn't sleep and had a headache.

Took some Excedrin.

Went back to bed.

Woke up to the alarm at 7:00 a.m. Snoozed a couple of times.

Went to work.

Came home at 3:30 p.m. Excedrin worked well today. Drat those allergies.

Decided I needed to make a phone call to my lender about my mortgage.

3:30: Looked up phone number.
3:32: Connected to the relay.
3:35: OPR: "Thank you for calling xxxx Bank. Press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish."
3:36: Alleycat: Press 1.
3:36: OPR: Redialing to press 1.
3:37: OPR: "Thank you for calling xxxx Bank. Press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish." OPR: Pressing 1.
3:38: OPR: "To connect to Commercial Banking, Press 1. To connect to Personal Banking, Press 2. To connect to a mortgage representative, press 3. If these options do not work, please hang up and try your call again."
3:39: Alleycat: Press 3.
3:40: OPR: Redialing.
3:41: OPR: "Thank you for calling xxxx Bank. Press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish." OPR: Pressing 1.
3:42: OPR: "To connect to Commercial Banking, Press 1. To connect to Personal Banking, Press 2. To connect to a mortgage representative, press 3. If these options do not work, please hang up and try your call again." Pressing 3.
3:43: OPR: "Thank you for calling xxxx Bank. Please enter the last 4 digits of your social security number."
3:44: AlleyCat: xxxx
3:44: OPR: Redialing.
3:45: OPR: "Thank you for calling xxxx Bank. Press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish." OPR: Pressing 1.
3:46: OPR: "To connect to Commercial Banking, Press 1. To connect to Personal Banking, Press 2. To connect to a mortgage representative, press 3. If these options do not work, please hang up and try your call again." Pressing 3.
3:47: OPR: "Thank you for calling xxxx Bank. Please enter the last 4 digits of your social security number." Entering xxxx.
3:48: OPR: "Thank you. Please enter your account number, followed by the pound sign."
3:48: Alleycat: xxx-xx-xxxxxx
3:49: OPR: Redialing.
3:50 OPR: "Thank you for calling xxxx Bank. Press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish." OPR: Pressing 1.
3:51: OPR: "To connect to Commercial Banking, Press 1. To connect to Personal Banking, Press 2. To connect to a mortgage representative, press 3. If these options do not work, please hang up and try your call again." Pressing 3.
3:52: OPR: "Thank you for calling xxxx Bank. Please enter the last 4 digits of your social security number." Entering xxxx.
3:53: OPR: "Thank you. Please enter your account number, followed by the pound sign." Entering xxx-xx-xxxxxx
3:54: OPR: "Thank you. Please wait on the line for the next available customer service representative."
3:56: OPR: On hold. Music in background.
4:04: OPR: On hold. Music in background.
4:12: OPR: On hold. Music in background.
4:20: OPR: On hold. Music in background.
4:28: OPR: On hold. Music in background.
4:30: OPR: "Thank you for banking with us. Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please try your call tomorrow. Have a great evening!"

Went to take a nap with more Excedrin.

Boy, it sound like a recording and yeah, it is rude to me. How bizarre! :roll:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9e3dTOJi0o]One RingyDingy - YouTube[/ame]

Was this the operator you got??! LOL!

Hope headaches go away. Sleep works beautifully. Hope you feel better. nice diary. lol

Wirelessly posted

funny, but mostly heartbreaking.

Yes, but true, and very typical. This was an actual phone call I made. Not today, but about a week ago.

You have a lot of patience! I would hang up ! I hope your headache is gone!
did you ever get the help you needed?

Dear Diary,

Today I woke up at 4:49 a.m. because I couldn't sleep and had a headache.

Took some Excedrin.

Went back to bed.

Woke up to the alarm at 7:00 a.m. Snoozed a couple of times.

Went to work.

Came home at 3:30 p.m. Excedrin worked well today. Drat those allergies.

Decided I needed to make a phone call to my lender about my mortgage.

3:30: Looked up phone number.
3:32: Connected to the relay.
3:35: OPR: "Thank you for calling xxxx Bank. Press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish."
3:36: Alleycat: Press 1.
3:36: OPR: Redialing to press 1.
3:37: OPR: "Thank you for calling xxxx Bank. Press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish." OPR: Pressing 1.
3:38: OPR: "To connect to Commercial Banking, Press 1. To connect to Personal Banking, Press 2. To connect to a mortgage representative, press 3. If these options do not work, please hang up and try your call again."
3:39: Alleycat: Press 3.
3:40: OPR: Redialing.
3:41: OPR: "Thank you for calling xxxx Bank. Press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish." OPR: Pressing 1.
3:42: OPR: "To connect to Commercial Banking, Press 1. To connect to Personal Banking, Press 2. To connect to a mortgage representative, press 3. If these options do not work, please hang up and try your call again." Pressing 3.
3:43: OPR: "Thank you for calling xxxx Bank. Please enter the last 4 digits of your social security number."
3:44: AlleyCat: xxxx
3:44: OPR: Redialing.
3:45: OPR: "Thank you for calling xxxx Bank. Press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish." OPR: Pressing 1.
3:46: OPR: "To connect to Commercial Banking, Press 1. To connect to Personal Banking, Press 2. To connect to a mortgage representative, press 3. If these options do not work, please hang up and try your call again." Pressing 3.
3:47: OPR: "Thank you for calling xxxx Bank. Please enter the last 4 digits of your social security number." Entering xxxx.
3:48: OPR: "Thank you. Please enter your account number, followed by the pound sign."
3:48: Alleycat: xxx-xx-xxxxxx
3:49: OPR: Redialing.
3:50 OPR: "Thank you for calling xxxx Bank. Press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish." OPR: Pressing 1.
3:51: OPR: "To connect to Commercial Banking, Press 1. To connect to Personal Banking, Press 2. To connect to a mortgage representative, press 3. If these options do not work, please hang up and try your call again." Pressing 3.
3:52: OPR: "Thank you for calling xxxx Bank. Please enter the last 4 digits of your social security number." Entering xxxx.
3:53: OPR: "Thank you. Please enter your account number, followed by the pound sign." Entering xxx-xx-xxxxxx
3:54: OPR: "Thank you. Please wait on the line for the next available customer service representative."
3:56: OPR: On hold. Music in background.
4:04: OPR: On hold. Music in background.
4:12: OPR: On hold. Music in background.
4:20: OPR: On hold. Music in background.
4:28: OPR: On hold. Music in background.
4:30: OPR: "Thank you for banking with us. Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please try your call tomorrow. Have a great evening!"

Went to take a nap with more Excedrin.

This is exactly like my relay calls - when they don't hang up on me. :giggle:

Is it possible to visit the bank to avoid the "telephone maze"? I do use VCO TTY and haven't experience this situation-personally. I deal -phone wise- with ING Direct and Ally Trust.
Is Canada different?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Is it possible to visit the bank to avoid the "telephone maze"? I do use VCO TTY and haven't experience this situation-personally. I deal -phone wise- with ING Direct and Ally Trust.
Is Canada different?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

This bank is in Florida, and I am in Minnesota. Visiting them is not too likely, and I will not be setting up a donation box here. Many have mortgages outside their home state.

I've gone through this before... It's frustrating. but after a few days it gets funny. weird how that goes.

Back