Deafs serving in the forces

MarktheMarker

Reaction score
just saw this pic and I really would like to attend the army - is there any chance participating here?

3rdpltpicturecopaggressorII.jpg

earlymorningatc.jpg

pic014.jpg

i know that deaf people cant join the army or national guard just cuz we cant hear sigh.. it sucks..

the only way we can do is to support them or welcome them home back to usa! :)

When I was a little, I wanted to join the forces or being a cop. My family was in the forces. I was so disappointed that they arent allow to have deaf people to join.

If you really want to join, why not investigate how you can make that happen? Nothing's fixed, Markthemarker, and just because current policy prohibits deaf people doesn't mean that you can't come up with a way to make you just as valuable (if not more!) a soldier.

If you're interested in combat, why not consider similar opportunities? You could always become a mercenary. I'd hire you to um ... hmm ... take out Tousi, yeah! ;) ;)

Nah, we love you, Tousi!!!!!!

Deaf people can't go to war but they can work on bases. I spent four summers working at US Air Force Reserve doing office work during my HS years. I really miss that place.

There's no reason why you can't try to join, but it's going to be very easy to exclude you -- if there's any chance that you're not going to be able to hear orders while in combat or even in basic, you may not be able to join up. However, that's no reason to at least apply and see what comes up.

How about deaf people with CI? Does would allow them to join Marines?

If, you want to join them - then, are you willin' to accept " anthrax " vaccine shot ?

Deaf can't join the Military cause of safety reason. How can a deaf person hear a bomb or bullets? Deaf people in the army is more of a damager to the unit then help. I know there are a few that want to join and everthing, just a safety risk that the army don't want to take.

Deaf can't join the Military cause of safety reason. How can a deaf person hear a bomb or bullets? Deaf people in the army is more of a damager to the unit then help. I know there are a few that want to join and everthing, just a safety risk that the army don't want to take.

That is what I am getting curious about. I am aware it's because of the safety reason due to the bombs or bullets flying around. I just can't help but wonder, What about the visual aids? Surely, You're aware that the deaf people use their eyes more than anything else. That alone could have been an advantage for the military.

Since you're in the military, Can you elaborate how that would be part of the dangers, based on your experience, that is? What I mean is, Can you give us the idea on how dangerous it could get to be if we were not able to be hearing anything at all when a situation occurs?

I remember reading somewhere that during the US Civil War in the late 1800s, they had deaf people in the army? I recall there was a story of a deaf man being captured by the enemy but he couldnt reveal any confidential info cuz he couldnt hear nor speak and that was an advantage. If I am wrong, let me know! :)

Arent bombs and bullets so loud that even hearing people cant hear themselves and rely on army signals to communicate with each other?

...really admire people willing to put their lives on the line for others.

Back