Deafpager.com

Why do you like the Sidekick LX better than its predecessors?

LOL ok!

The SK LX has larger screen. The screen is clear and beautiful, doesn't appear 'digital' like the former SK's.

You can also finally choose the SIZE of font text you would like. And easy can do by hitting two buttons at same time to change your font any time.

The applications are set up so that you have less junk on your screen and kept nicely away in other 'folders'.

LOL music player, which I never use.

SK LX can send photos via text message. Finally!

It can also receive videos via text messages, which I receive often from friends. I can also fwd those via text msg these videos to others.

It holds WAY more pics! I have already taken 200 photos on it and there is still space for 874 more pics! Of course this is also due to the memory card, but now memory card can hold more storage on SK LX.

I love the keyboard, which is similar to the SK2. If you spill drink or anything, it cannot permeate down in between the keys.

Smoother, easier to hold, and buttons are not in your way if you don't need them to be. SK3 often volume kept changing because I wasn't aware my hand kept touching it. Can be embarrassing in public!!

Hmmm, did I leave anything out. . .

OHHHH the POP are cool and EASY to set up!!!! The popular ones Gmail, Yahoo, etc are already set up, so you basically just click and it's set up.

I have four different POP email on SK LX that have their own TABS for each different mailbox. SK3 has this, but they are kept in folders under ONE tab.

You can have a separate extra folder just for the texts messages that you recieve that have photos or videos attached. Nice too! A lot more storage for that.

Because of screen is larger, it makes much more pleasant to use the WWW easily and see a lot more on the screen.

The thing I DON'T like about it is that you cannot add signature to your text messages. If I am wrong, please someone tell me otherwise!

Also when using the D-Pad with text messages, it will not switch to next message like it did with SK3. I mean if you are in the middle of a msg.

If you are on regular screen, then D-pad will work and move down or up to your next text. If that makes sense.

Ok, this is why I prefer it more than the other SK's!!! :lol:

I'm not saying it's the best pager - just saying I prefer and finally happy with SK LX over the other SK's.

In a perfect world, the iPhone would be Deaf-friendly, and THAT is what I'd rather have!

The SK LX has larger screen. The screen is clear and beautiful, doesn't appear 'digital' like the former SK's.
You're right. I just looked it up. My Sidekick 3 has 240 x 160 for display and your Sidekick LX has 400 x 240 display. Nice.
The applications are set up so that you have less junk on your screen and kept nicely away in other 'folders'.
Sidekick 3 did that after Sidekick II. They reduced all the IM applications into one IM folder, all the calender, to do, and notes into one organizing folder, and all the games into one folder. Is that what you're talking about?
It holds WAY more pics! I have already taken 200 photos on it and there is still space for 874 more pics! Of course this is also due to the memory card, but now memory card can hold more storage on SK LX.
What's the quality of those pictures like? Sidekick II had good picture quality. Sidekick 3 improved it in quality plus resolution. What about Sidekick LX? Care to take a picture a couple things... like a parking lot with cars and the inside of a local store like Wal-Mart? That way, I can see how the lighting appears as well as the details of the car and people. :)
OHHHH the POP are cool and EASY to set up!!!! The popular ones Gmail, Yahoo, etc are already set up, so you basically just click and it's set up.
Yahoo? I thought you had to be a paying member of Yahoo in order to do this? Unless this is something that only works on Sidekick LX? I can do Gmail and my Outlook account from work on my Sidekick 3.
I have four different POP email on SK LX that have their own TABS for each different mailbox. SK3 has this, but they are kept in folders under ONE tab.
Tabs? Explain more? I have separate folders that my Gmail and work email automatically direct to.
The thing I DON'T like about it is that you cannot add signature to your text messages. If I am wrong, please someone tell me otherwise!
You should be able to. From the Jump screen, press Jump+E to go to e-mail... press Menu... go to "Settings"... select "Accounts". Scroll down until you see the part for your email account. There should be a box for you to type in your signature.
Also when using the D-Pad with text messages, it will not switch to next message like it did with SK3. I mean if you are in the middle of a msg.
I don't have this problem with my Sidekick 3. When I'm reading a message from within (not from the inbox screen), I can use the D-pad anytime and it will only go up & down. I have to use the left/right shoulder buttons to go to the previous/next message.
In a perfect world, the iPhone would be Deaf-friendly, and THAT is what I'd rather have!
I agree. If the iPhone wasn't so costly and they offered a good plan, then I would go for it. However, I'm the type of person who doesn't want EVERYTHING in his hands because I don't have need for EVERYTHING. I prefer go to with what I NEED... which is what my Sidekick 3 gives me. :)

Timeport P935

Hi,
I am looking for buy the Timeport P935 if you have one? Let me know?

I could not afford over $30 per monthly services on SK, BB and other pagers. I am look for older model pager....and cheaper ...under $15 or less per monthly service....That's why.

Deafbear

I knew it! deafpager is a SCAM! That's why the website look like a HUGE FAKER to me!
Uh, no, it is not a scam. I know the guy who owns it. It is for real, they have a store near Gallaudet and I have bought stuff there.

I have ordered pair of SK2 from Deafpagers.com - #1 for wireless needs back then. We did pay in CC cuz we have good credit. They did deliver our SK2 in a week. One thing I don't like what they did is that they set up the phone number in their area code, not in Kansas area code (316-519-xxx) while I prefer (913) area code! They refuse to do so when i asked for! Grrrr!! I called Tmobile and talked about SK2 and switch over from my account to my wife's account in order to get free pagers from Deafpager.com. Tmobile told me that I should have gone through Tmobile directly instead of Deafpager.com. They gave me example. They reduce price on new SK2 to $219 each, No Credit check, I keep my accounts cuz I was a Tmobile Customer for past 2 years, all that and it'll cost me ONLY $440 no frills for two SK2 while I blew $630 on Deafpager.com AND I keeps my and my wife's original SK phone number!!. I realized my mistake and was suckered by Deafpager.com.

Now I ordered Blackberry from SprintRelay.com and it is reasonable cuz I switched over to new carrier which is typical to pay more. SprintRelay.com was NICE enuf to set phone number in my AREA code without me telling them!! The delivery was quick!! 2 days after order!! Thankyou Sprintrelay!!

From now on, If I stick with same carrier if I plan to change phone, I would just simply buy phone through them with discount than through Deafpager.com

Catty

I have ordered pair of SK2 from Deafpagers.com - #1 for wireless needs back then. We did pay in CC cuz we have good credit. They did deliver our SK2 in a week. One thing I don't like what they did is that they set up the phone number in their area code, not in Kansas area code (316-519-xxx) while I prefer (913) area code! They refuse to do so when i asked for! Grrrr!! I called Tmobile and talked about SK2 and switch over from my account to my wife's account in order to get free pagers from Deafpager.com. Tmobile told me that I should have gone through Tmobile directly instead of Deafpager.com. They gave me example. They reduce price on new SK2 to $219 each, No Credit check, I keep my accounts cuz I was a Tmobile Customer for past 2 years, all that and it'll cost me ONLY $440 no frills for two SK2 while I blew $630 on Deafpager.com AND I keeps my and my wife's original SK phone number!!. I realized my mistake and was suckered by Deafpager.com.

Now I ordered Blackberry from SprintRelay.com and it is reasonable cuz I switched over to new carrier which is typical to pay more. SprintRelay.com was NICE enuf to set phone number in my AREA code without me telling them!! The delivery was quick!! 2 days after order!! Thankyou Sprintrelay!!

From now on, If I stick with same carrier if I plan to change phone, I would just simply buy phone through them with discount than through Deafpager.com

Catty

This doesn't mean DeafPager is a scam though...they are a business like any other business. It is ALWAYS smarter to get a cell phone straight from the company rather than through a reseller. Not a scam...just the way the business is run. Others are the same way. You are right, buying the phone from the carrier is smarter. But DeafPager did what you asked, right?

I don't mean to sound defensive but there is so much negative stuff in this thread. As you can see the original owner was a beloved person in the Gallaudet community and also the new owner is a friend of mine.

This doesn't mean DeafPager is a scam though...they are a business like any other business. It is ALWAYS smarter to get a cell phone straight from the company rather than through a reseller. Not a scam...just the way the business is run. Others are the same way. You are right, buying the phone from the carrier is smarter. But DeafPager did what you asked, right?

I don't mean to sound defensive but there is so much negative stuff in this thread. As you can see the original owner was a beloved person in the Gallaudet community and also the new owner is a friend of mine.

I can understand about how biz work but still pretty high. But I would appreciate that Deafpager.com just set up phone number under customer's home area code. Cuz never know FCC decide to change mind and allow Cellular phone co to charge long distance. It's just better safe than sorry rather than be snubbed at customer by activiating Customer's phone using seller's area code. I admit it's plain rude cuz I called and told them they should have set it with my area code than their. They told me they don't care and it's your problem!.. I went :eek3::pissed::mad:... I would appreciate that you will explain to your friend who work there to be respectful to customer. Cuz if FCC changed law then Customer would be pissed big time and blame on Deafpager even more and can bring business down hard. So never know, better safe than sorry. Sprintrelay.com and Tmobile (on my first SKColor) did really impressive thing by activitating phone with my area code. They're smart enuf to avoid trouble. So that's my point of it.

Catty

Very good point.

If Deafpager keeps up with activating phones with their area code for new customers and that cutomers of DeafPager.com does not want their area code from DeafPager.com, then the customer gets screwed...

In my opinion, I don't think DeafPager.com is an authorized e-retailer for carriers, like AT&T and T-Mobile.

I'm just wondering, what area code did they give you?

They activitated phone with their (316) area code. My area code is (913).

That's what they give me theirs.

If I want to change it back to my area code, I would have to break my contract with them and pay penalty ect. Those are sticky situation with Deafpager.com... It's too late for now because I am with new carrier and no longer own SK2.

Catty

They activitated phone with their (316) area code. My area code is (913).

That's what they give me theirs.

If I want to change it back to my area code, I would have to break my contract with them and pay penalty ect. Those are sticky situation with Deafpager.com... It's too late for now because I am with new carrier and no longer own SK2.

Catty
But...DeafPager is based in Washington DC. The area code here is 202. So they didn't activate it with their area code at all, they gave you a Kansas code, but for the wrong city.

Back