Deafness

Hanna_13

Reaction score
Hello,

i am only one in the family that are deaf. I was born deaf the doctor dont know why that i am deaf.

It's likely that my brother will slowly loses his hearing during his life time???

It depends on your family history.

If your brother is currently hearing, then it's likely that he won't become deaf later in life... unless you have a family history of it happening.

I was born hearing. I became deaf because of neglect. If I had a kid, it would likely be hearing.

Well the history of my family generations no one was deaf but me. I'm the 5 th generations .. no one was deaf. Until my dad became deaf 5 yrs ago. He was in his 60's. But their health are still very good and acting and walking like 55's. There's no predication about it from generation to generation. Everyone is different and who knows?Right now they are in their 70's still a good health .

Ahh how come?? How did you became deaf because of neglect what?? Do you mean an ear infection?

It depends on your family history.

If your brother is currently hearing, then it's likely that he won't become deaf later in life... unless you have a family history of it happening.

I was born hearing. I became deaf because of neglect. If I had a kid, it would likely be hearing.

I was born deaf. My parent were behind about me. My old doctor from in small town never figure it out. When I moved to major city because of my dad's new job there. My parent notice that I can't hear anything. My mom took me to an ER for hearing tubes when I was 15 months old. I had an ear infections. In Indianapolis, The doctor told my mom and dad. It's bad news, "I found it out your daughter is deafness." They got scared and being denial about me being deaf. They called me hearing impaired. They got me a hearing aids when I was 2 years old. I hide my hearing aids somewhere. I am only deaf in my family. My mom's 3rd cousin is deaf. I never meet him. Now, I have my 3rd cousin is 5 years old. He is deaf with 2 CI.

Yupp I was born deaf without knowing why, but later more researching about my ears, they discovered that some parts of my ears do not have nerves so I am not sensitive to any of the sounds or any contact with the sounds due to my nerve issues unless the sound are loud enough, but still have to be close like 1 inch to my ears to actually hurt my ears, they think it was probably the reason why I was deaf. Also I am the only one who are the deaf in my family except for my grandpa recently having the hearing loss, but he just getting old so.

Also I was used to wear the hearing aids, but I can never understand the HA, it sounds like ant race on the television. Later when I was 19 years old, I decide to give the cochlear implant a try, but still not really work for me due to headaches. I guess I am too pro-found deaf, but good thing is that I am definitely proud of being deaf! :)

Back