deafness used for control???

BabyPhat21

Reaction score
do you think that your family/others use your deafness for control?? sometimes I think people are talking shit around me and I dont know what is going on. I really hate when I want to call someone or go somewhere my family is like oh it is so late and it is so dangerous (i am talking about cali) and if I want to call out of the country of course I need my family to translate and I feel that I am not getting my full time and not the whole thing is translated. Also people say oh I told you this and that I am like yu have to make sure I understand you and am looking at you not tell me when I am watching tv or I am busy. GROWL!!!!!!

it's nothing with deafness. just people is people like you and me.
the individual has weak and strenght. whoever found your weak area then control your area. For examples, you can tell that person is dork girl always lair all the time and make up the stories. you found very obviously answer then walk to her and speak direct to her. you tell her blah blah blah whatever you speak of your mind. She then feel shit.(glup!) she knew you have your own knowledge between weak and strenght.

let me share with you. my parent got divorced when i was 8 years. They are very conflict personaly and strong characters because they met each other when they are very young like 16 to 18 age. They didnt grow as develop themsevles to understand what is about. anyway my parent discovered new lover as attractive the parneter. They both feel comfortable because they have postive and negative. They both lived together longer and happy together than they first lived together. All about is balance.
if postive is postive or negitive is negitive, then it's screw up!

make sense? isnt it?

My parents used to do that to me. Now, I do it anyway... regardless of the answer they give me. I'm capable of doing it myself. If it requires TTY, I use an online service.

Umm.. 258~ that you think that way. I don't see it as people using my deafness as controling me (if that's what you're saying). If they are trying to control me by using my deafness, I simply ignore them and go on and do what I need to do for myself. I have TTY, cellphone, pager, computer, regular telephone, and a vehicle. Of course, I use my common sense on what I need to do. (Not like going out in the middle of the night by myself - that's dangerous for me and I know that.)

BabyPhat21, let me know if I'm going off topic or not saying what you want to hear. Like Lunz said, people are people. Some have weakness and strength, while others are the opposite. He's right.

no i am talking more like if you are waiting for a phone call and your family dont like this person they wont tell you the phone is ringing or that the person called. now with the tty equipment such as flashing lights and alarm I am more independent......

Originally posted by BabyPhat21
no i am talking more like if you are waiting for a phone call and your family dont like this person they wont tell you the phone is ringing or that the person called. now with the tty equipment such as flashing lights and alarm I am more independent......

Gee, that never happen to me. I have many relation who would let me know something's up.

Originally posted by BabyPhat21

Ahha. It has not happened to me so far. Right now, it won't happen because I have this flashing light to alert me that the phone is ringing and so forth, so I can answer the phone myself without depending on a hearing person.

If you need more research on finding flashing lights for doorbell, phone ringing, and so forth, you can find them online. Hearmore.com is one of them. HarrisCommunication is another. There are so many manufacturers and distributors everywhere in the world online. Good luck. :thumb:

i'm paranoid like that sometimes so i ask my friends to send me messages through e-mail or cellphone so i don't have to go through the hassle of relaying messages through a human medium.

Interesting...it hasn't happened to me -- my parents made sure I was alerted to the phone if it was for me, etc. Never deprived me of anything due to my deafness.
In fact, they encouraged me to do what I felt I could do -- in order to increase my independence and know my way around without having to rely on other people, you know?

I hope I've not gone off the topic. :P

Goldie

I hate it when my parents are in censorship mode. When they interpret for something (they're conservative Christian) and heard something bad, i.e. cuss words, they just skipped and when I noticed the skip, everyone else laughed. I had to ask someone else behind my parents' back only to find out that the statement was censored out!

Sheesh

i always make my own phone calls and etc. BUT i when i was little yah mom would handle the calls, BUT now days poeple not know HOW to make any calls thru relay SO i try to force them to use e mail or just leave a phone nbr and i would do the call back on relay
like one phone call she didnt want to call back so i allowed my sister to handle it I asked WHO it was she told me, but the name was hard to proounce so that i excused her for , BUT for some poeple that dont do that and say Oh its some girl wanting to know if u want to go out im like Who ? OH some girl Where oh out Im like forget U, and check my listing on the caller id if its private OH well thier loss if its not then i know who it is then call them right away other wise E MAIL or leave phone nbr and i ll call them back myself.

Back