DeafNation Expo in Hartford, CT on May 14

I think I might go.. but then again it's closer to my anniversary so We may go to Maine or something.. Dunno I will know more when the time gets closer :)

Wendy

I might be going, but I'm unsure, bc Hartford is 1.5 hrs away from me

Be forewarned

Company A is giving away Free Sidekick certificates @ Deaf Nation Expo in CT similar to what they did in events in other states. The thing is Company A and Company B are misleading attendees by drawing contest which drew a large amount of winning tickets which leads to a very few winners at the end. How so? This drawing is based on GOOD CREDIT only. But yet, these potential winners and actual winners were not informed direclty or indirectly. This is disclaimer is not printed on the Free Sidekick certificate at all. I could tell if this is bogus because Company A do not even confirm the winner before handing out the winning certificate which was evident that there is a condition with this. The bad thing about this is that we all know how some people cannot comprehend English language very well. So by entering the contest, your private information is being used to determine if you are QUALIFIED for this Sidekick offer by Company B. Also, some of these winners already have Sidekick account either with Sidekick I or Sidekick II devices. Company C is involved as well but yet, he is all about ethics and whatever but yet, part of this misleading practice. According to Company C, those winners with good credit are not allowed to replace, upgrade or trade devices with this so called "free sidekick" they are giving away. These so-called deaf businesses involved is all about money and more money. There is no shame in their game these days. How about an honest (and straightforward) deaf business in the wireless service business for once?

If you disagree, go and see for yourself. I will be present there as well. I feel bad by witnessing it but what can I do about it?

Hello!! I am back home from CT. I safely assumed when I caught the conversation that over 2,000 people who attended DeafNation Expo at CT Expo Center in Hartford.

The exhibits seemed somewhat smaller than I thought (I went to Deaf Expo in Southern CA last November), but I enjoyed browsing around different exhibits and watched the magic show...it was very interesting. :wave:

Back