DeafNation Expo at Orlando on 3-18-06

I should be going there. It's only like a 5-hour drive from where I live. I guess I should wear something memorable for me to stick out at the Expo? :) Any other AD'ers planning on attending?

I wish I could go to the expo but unfortunately I am not able to go :(
Hope you all will have fun there :)

Eyeth said:
I should be going there. It's only like a 5-hour drive from where I live. I guess I should wear something memorable for me to stick out at the Expo? :) Any other AD'ers planning on attending?

Perhaps you should wear a thick long fur coat
something different and memorable there :)

Last edited:
Eyeth said:

Last year I went to Atlanta DeafNation Expo. It was a 5-hour drive. Last year (2 mos apart at the time) there was one in Miami, too. It's also a 5-hour drive. But I opted for Atlanta. It ain't that bad.
So now just 2 hours to drive to Orlando and have friends' place there to spend over the weekend. That's easier this time and save some money.

I will be there too. .

Will be volunteer host one of the booths in afternoon for an hour and half. . :)
Find me at Tampa Baptist Deaf Church ;)

- - -

Dont forget you need to pre-register. . then when you get the email just print it and bring it to them on March 18th. .

Go to DeafNation Expo in Orlando March 18
Click on blue link "Pre reigster today"
and you're all done! :)

Its almost fast rumor about Deaf Nation Expo on March 18th being wrong address. . .

This is not true. .

• The difference of "wrong" address to right address is 0.4 miles
  • Mapquest.com will show the address as wrong. . Just use maps.yahoo.com
  • www.ohpark.com has driving directions to their location that is to Silver Spur Lane. . the location is like half a mile southeast. .

I'll be there! Just look for a guy, 6 feet tall, brown hair and a beer belly. :) Ok, I may wear a nametag. :) If you see me, give me a holler. It'll be nice to put some faces to some names I've been reading about in this forum.

FYI: There is a "Silent Dinner Night" tonite at the Fashion Square Mall on HWY 50 East in Orlando.

I think it starts at 7:00pm till 10:00pm.

See you there tonite or at Expo tmw. Enjoy!

Orlando, veni, vidi, vici! :)

I even wore a nametag - "Eyeth - AD.com". I received a couple of puzzled queries about my nametag. Evidently the owner/administrator (Alex?) has to undertake a wee publicity campaign to increase awareness about this website.

But, I didn't get a chance to meet other AD'ers! :( That's understandable, as roughly 3,500 people attended, a very nice turnout, indeed! I got a chance to reconnect with old friends and networked.

I was there. . Oh well wasnt really keeping eye out for any AD'ers. .

Heard there was 3,000 registered and 2,000 to 3,000 more showed up. .

There's another Deaf Fest in Nov at Florida State Fairgrounds. .
Will post in here when I get more info and website. .

I was there, too. Too many faces there and so crowded, too so it was so quite impossible to know any AD'er there. Had a good time there with a beautiful day out.

Met few old friends who I didn't expect to see them here. And also made a few new ones as good numbers of current friends well. Cool.

I was told that there was at least 3500 ppl. Maybe over 4000+ but we will soon find out the actual nums.

Met Joe Barish and we talked briefly. Told him I thought that it was rather too crowded. But a great place and think it's quite new.

In fact, there was a new automatic motor wheelchair the old man was on .. he was going like a bit drunk and crossed my right foot and hit few other bystanders but no harm done. Gee! It made so difficult for him to steer clear especially that kind of crowd and that it's just so new for him to get used to.

They had a whole exhibition room, and there was another exhibition room available by its side but not in use at the time. I wondered why didn't they add that to give us more space .. didn't ask him that. But it sure was a nicer place and good location, indeed.

There is a good chance that I might go to Atlanta DeafNation Expo on May 13th. I went there last year the 1st time.

Just got an email with 'official' numbers at Expo.

It had over 3600 attendees and had 79 booths.

Hmm .. quite so many.

I was away from home for almost one month
traveling over 1,500 miles
from both West coast of Florida and
then East Coast of Florida then
I went to Orlando DeafNation
and then I stopped at another DeafNation
in Greensboro NC.
I had a great time at both expos.
I saw Joe Barish again so I chatted with him as usual.
Orlando deaf expo had many more attendees than
Greensboro NC.

I could NOT even find Eyeth or Web730 there.

It was so great to see both old and new friends.
Great networking.

But, I am happy to be back at home using
my own bed with same pillows. Home Sweet Home.

I might consider going to Atlanta.

Back