Deaf woman regained hearing after life-changing surgery... but it cost her the sense

I would much rather have my sense of smell and taste than hearing. Food is too important to me. Horrible trade-off.

I agree with this. I would probably die if I never could taste the wonderful deliciousness of Pick Up Stix house special beef ever again!

I ate everything they gave me at the hospital. Doc was like "well, we definitely know that your taste has not been affected.."

I wonder if one loses the sense of taste, does one's appetite decrease?

I wonder if one loses the sense of taste, does one's appetite decrease?

My appetite did decrease. I could only eat as long as I was hungry. Once the hunger passed, I really disliked putting food in my mouth. bla!

But over time I was starting to adjust to it and my appetite was coming back. so over the really long term I don't know.

I ate everything they gave me at the hospital. Doc was like "well, we definitely know that your taste has not been affected.."
I beg to differ. :P When I'm in the hospital, the food sucks so I don't feel like eating much. How can YOU eat it? :P

I beg to differ. :P When I'm in the hospital, the food sucks so I don't feel like eating much. How can YOU eat it? :P

I have a food problem. :(

No, really, it actually wasn't that bad at the hospital I was in. That hospital was pretty modern so it had contemporary food. Of course, it wasn't THE BEST, but it was like average food that was doable.

It also helps that I eat almost anything. :) I ate right after waking up. I handled the surgery surprisingly well, while the woman who was next to me (BAHA surgery) in the recovery room handled it surprisingly bad. Not just the eating aspect, but also awake, walking and talking aspect too.

Back