Deaf Woman Raped Near Metrorail Station

Miss-Delectable

Reaction score
Deaf Woman Raped Near Metrorail Station | NBC Miami

A handicapped woman was attacked and raped early Wednesday morning in the garage of Metrorail station, Miami-Dade Police said.

The unidentified woman, who is deaf and mute, was walking near the Martin Luther King Metrorail station at around 2 a.m. when the attacker pounced on her. Investigators believe security cameras in the area may have caught the attack and may give clues on the suspect.

It's unclear why the woman was in the area because Metrorail trains stop running just after midnight. Security guards at the plaza leave around 1 a.m.

Miami-Dade Transit officials said the trains are very safe to ride and security are always onthe trains and at the stations. They stressed the attack did not occur on Metrorail.

Even here in American, the term "deaf and mute" is still being used. Oh boy...

I hope they catch her attackers!

Even here in American, the term "deaf and mute" is still being used. Oh boy...

I hope they catch her attackers!

Yeah, I know, shel. The only way I will accept the word "mute" is if the person was born without vocal cords (or lost the use of them). I am curious, though...do you or anyone in here know how many percent of deaf people were born without vocal cords?

The woman was out there at 2AM in the morning....the trains stop running at midnight, and the security guards leave at 1AM.....
Wrong place at the wrong time!

Wondering what she was thinking??...Miami isn't the safest place to be at 2AM in the morning....Even I would not be "walking around outside" at 2AM....unless I was with several people....the crime rate here in Jax is horrific.

I'm not saying that she was "asking to get raped"....but for what reason was she doing out there at 2AM, with no security guards and no train running?

The woman was out there at 2AM in the morning....the trains stop running at midnight, and the security guards leave at 1AM.....

Wondering what she was thinking??...Miami isn't the safest place to be at 2AM in the morning....Even I would not be "walking around outside" at 2AM....unless I was with several people....the crime rate here in Jax is horrific.

I'm not saying that she was "asking to get raped"....but for what reason was she doing out there at 2AM, with no security guards and no train running?

Well said...I'm thinking the same thing

Still no excuse for some scumbag to rape someone, irregardless of what time it is and location.

I hope he gets his balls strung up on a flag pole.

Yiz

Back