(deaf) Woman Fired Shots at Boy & His Dog

rockin'robin

Reaction score
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A Southside woman was arrested Tuesday after police said she fired shots at a 12-year-old boy and his dog.

Joyce Davis, 42, was charged with aggravated assault after officers responded to a report of gunfire in the 8000 block of Old Kings Road about 7:30 a.m.

According to the arrest report, the dog went into Davis' yard and started fighting with Davis' dog.

Police said Davis, who is deaf, became angry and kicked the boy's dog. She reportedly went inside, returned with a rifle and fired one shot.

The boy and his dog took off running. He told police he heard two more shots, but neither the child nor the animal was hit.

Police said two other children on the street witnessed the incident.

The report says Davis admitted to raising the rifle and pointing it, but told police she did not fire any shots.

Davis remains in the Duval County jail on $250,003 bond.

Police: Woman Fired Shots At Boy, Dog - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

maybe she has some mental disorder. lucky for kid and dog.

If she does, that would explain her actions although it still does not give her the right to behave the way she did. The 12 year old boy and his dog could have been killed.

She looks like a very unhappy and angry woman. I certainly hope she gets counseling for it.

or she had a bad day so she decided to scare some1 away but lucky she didn't kill neither of them or she wud be facing a long life behind bars.. :roll:

What about the fact that boy and his dog was trespassing on her own land and in fact that his dog was fighting with woman's dog in her own yard? Seems like she had right in protecting her dog.
More importantly, why was the boy and his dog there? Why was boy letting his dog fighting with woman's dog at place where he wasn't supposed to be at? News does not cover the whole story. They didn't explain what boy and dog was doing, what type of dogs they were, if woman made any attempts to communicate, or whether boy ignored warnings or not.

12 year old boys will be boys. I used to trespass all the time when I was growing up.

fully understood. it was a joke with word play.

i forget that many people don't get my sense of humor or being goofy on purpose....

fully understood. it was a joke with word play.

i forget that many people don't get my sense of humor or being goofy on purpose....

Cool! Sorry I didn't understand your humor. Sometimes the best examples of humor escape me. :lol:

What about the fact that boy and his dog was trespassing on her own land and in fact that his dog was fighting with woman's dog in her own yard? Seems like she had right in protecting her dog.
More importantly, why was the boy and his dog there? Why was boy letting his dog fighting with woman's dog at place where he wasn't supposed to be at? News does not cover the whole story. They didn't explain what boy and dog was doing, what type of dogs they were, if woman made any attempts to communicate, or whether boy ignored warnings or not.

It could have been the simple matter of the dog running into the other yard and the boy chasing it to get it back. It happens. It still doesn't explain why she popping off rounds as they were running away. If him and the dog are running, her and her dog are no longer threatened.

Would you feel different if the headline read "Woman Kills Child for Cutting Through Yard"?

There is trespass and then criminal trespass. When I was 12, I spent plenty of time playing in the woods with friends. I'm sure someone owned those woods, therefore I was technically trespassing. I also cut through yards and took shortcuts. Would that give a homeowner the right to come out shooting at me with a rifle?

According to the article, there were other kids in the area that witnessed it. Why would anyone come out with a rifle of any type and shoot in a residential neighborhood. Obviously she missed the boy and his dog..and those rounds went somewhere. A round of any type..especially a rifle, will pass through walls, car doors...a lot of stuff. And what goes up, must come down.

Back