Deaf White Water Rafting Trip!

warpedpink

Reaction score
I'm going.. My vacation request was approved! Who else wants to go? All Deaf meetup, yes? :)

230523_10150187776663193_633548192_7048937_8150905_n.jpg

Main Salmon 2011 » Rocks Rivers Ridges

Trip Destination: The Main Salmon River dubbed as "The River of No Return" by Lewis and Clark in Idaho is a quintessential relaxing whitewater rafting destination, showcasing the unparalleled beauty and wilderness of Idaho's Sawtooth Mountains.

Trip Description: You will float approximately 80 miles in 7 days with experienced deaf guides, heading into the largest wilderness area in the lower 48 states. You will go through a canyon that is deeper than the Grand Canyon, soak in a natural hot springs pool, go through some rapids, and experience the scenery of this area. Additionally, everyone will be involved with the group by working together such as cooking meals, building fires and setting the groover. This is a great opportunity to create your own unique experience, making new friends and developing a new level of confidence in your life.

Your Leader: Bucky, a Colorado adventurer and resident has been exploring mountains, rafting rivers, and rock/ice climbing since 1994. He has a lot of experience with organizing and leading outdoor trips ranging from one day trips to week long trips. His ultimate passion is providing outdoor experiences in ASL.

When: June 17-24, 2011

Cost: Competitive rate of $525 per person Minimum of 9 people Maximum of 12 people.

First come first serve. Full payment and registration are due by June 1, 2011.

This has been a popular trip over the years and spaces will fill up fast. Act fast.

I would love to have that kind of adventure, of course it's dangerous and expensive. :)

I would love to have that kind of adventure, of course it's dangerous and expensive. :)

Dangerous? Nahh.. Only if you don't know how to swim. They're allowing beginners to sign up so it can't be that dangerous. :)

Wow, that would be a lot of fun! But I have to use my money for other things right now.

That sucks.. Wish you guys could all go. But at least you can help spread the word. :)

Back