Deaf Way III?

I am not sure why they would state - it would be the last one, but is there any source that Japan is willing to host Deaf Way III? If not, I could contact the National Deaf Orgnasation in Australia to find out if there is a opportunity to host one in Australia.

I am not sure why they would state - it would be the last one, but is there any source that Japan is willing to host Deaf Way III? If not, I could contact the National Deaf Orgnasation in Australia to find out if there is a opportunity to host one in Australia.

Sound nice. i will discuss you about finance expense later.

Jake, maybe they can get deaf-friendly companies such as Telstra and Vodafone (Verizon Wireless) to sponsor such event in Australia.

dbarvian, would you happen to know how much Gallaudet had to pay for the last event? Between 50,000 and 100,000?

Jake, maybe they can get deaf-friendly companies such as Telstra and Vodafone (Verizon Wireless) to sponsor such event in Australia.

dbarvian, would you happen to know how much Gallaudet had to pay for the last event? Between 50,000 and 100,000?

I will find out about sponsor name and expense soon.

I made a vlog on DeafVIDEO.TV - Deaf Videos and Vlogs and I got an comment in regards of my vlog about Deaf Way III and it does occur every 10 years and the first commentator said that it is a good idea to contact the organiser who organised 2002 Deaf Way II, the person said that there are chances that it might pernamently stay at Gallaudet University or other chances that they could discuss about which country would host - the chances are Australia and Japan.

Just wathced Dbarovian's comment, and he has made few good points, fiance is the most important thing, if a lot of people would like to see Australia hosting Deaf Way III, it might be highly possible if there is a lot of sponsors.

Such as what brian said, Telstra is deaf friendly, yes --- and Vodafone too, they made a deaf commerical in relation of the SMS technology few years ago. It was amazing. So there is few things, if they would want to see Australia hosting the third seires -- a LOT of information would be needed to run it. We'll see what the people says in the United States of America. I am in luck, I know one person who is the president of the AAD (Deaf Australia Inc, now) who is a family friend of mine and was originally from USA.

I noticed Deaf Way III report on Facebook.

See this report:

**Welcome to DeafNation World!!**

See more information at DeafNation

-------------------------------------------

**Welcome to DEAF WAY III!!**

This is a general group discussion for Deaf people, hard-of-hearing, and friends of Deaf communities, who are quite interested to attend or produce or show their support for Deaf Way III (DWIII) conference in the nearby future...

There were past great successes in Deaf Way I & Deaf Way II producations. Over 5000 deaf people had attended the first Deaf Way event on Gallaudet University campus in 1989.

In addition, there was nearly 10,000 deaf people attended the Deaf Way II event that occurred in 2002. The DWII event was spread all over Washington DC at this time. This included Washington Convention Center, Smithsonian museum, JFK Center for Performing Arts, and other well-known sites.

This group page is mainly focused on sharing your past experience, feedback, and suggestion to prepare the way for Deaf Way III.

All in all, we feel this is a good time to take a little initiative to renew our interest in this amazing "eye-popping" festival---Deaf Way III!

Someone that we made a recommendation that DW III is hosted in 2014 which is 150th Anniversary of GU which is right time to host a special international event. :shrug:

Sorry, Jake. I didn't know much about the event, but I remember being told by several people that it was going to be the last one they hosted. Hopefully, there would be another one held somewhere else if not in Washington/the United States.

It may mean the last one to be hosted in the USA until another country hosts it. The point of Deaf Way is to bring deaf people from all over the world together but to keep having it at USA kinda defeats the purpose of cultural exposure. Just my opinion.

Also, you can contact the previous Deaf Way organizers and promotors to help with ideas and organization since they have the experience. You would be the man of the country if you started something in Australia. :)

I could do some research and contacts, I have few contacts from Gally so I could start from there?

I could do some research and contacts, I have few contacts from Gally so I could start from there?

Yea you can..I can search for who were the organizers or google Deaf Way II?

Yea you can..I can search for who were the organizers or google Deaf Way II?

Yeah, start with Harvey Goodstein, Supreme Commander of the second Deaf Way, :lol:

Btw, maybe other countries don't have the money to pull off the Third one?

Yeah, start with Harvey Goodstein, Supreme Commander of the second Deaf Way, :lol:

Btw, maybe other countries don't have the money to pull off the Third one?
Best only first world countries can host it. Like Australia

Back