Deaf Way III?

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you go to Deaf Way II conference and cultural arts festival last July 2002?

I had been there. I was very interesting festival and love to meet some international people. More than 9000 deaf and hearing people from more than 100 countries arrived to Washington, D.C. I want to go to Deaf Way III festival again.

Did you hear about Deaf Way III Festival? When?

I have asked the same question -- no one knows. I would LOVE to go to the Deaf Way III if it happens again!

I have asked the same question -- no one knows. I would LOVE to go to the Deaf Way III if it happens again!

Yeah! I have Deaf Way II DVD. I will send it to you soon.

I choose Backpacking trip in Colorado over Deaf Way II, and I regretted it big time, because Colorado trip can do that anytime, while DWII is once per 10 year. Deaf Way III is a must for me to attend. Maybe I'll use long beard, so nobody in AD recognize me in DWIII. :lol:

I choose Backpacking trip in Colorado over Deaf Way II, and I regretted it big time, because Colorado trip can do that anytime, while DWII is once per 10 year. Deaf Way III is a must for me to attend. Maybe I'll use long beard, so nobody in AD recognize me. :lol:

What, every TEN years!?

Am I american to you? If it hosts in 2012, I'm coming!

If I recall right, they weren't going to have another one after Deaf Way II.

Not to forget the big brouhaha of them all, Deaf Way. First commissioned in 1989 at Gallaudet University to showcase deaf artists in various disciples such as print, dance, comedy, and canvas. More than 5,000 people participated in the first Deaf War. The most recent Deaf Way was in 2002, again at Gallaudet University, with more than 8,000 people participating as performers or festival attendees. It has said that the Deaf Way festival is the reason why other festivals popped up across the United States and in Europe. While people at Gallaudet say they would love to host a third festival, it is a huge financial burden on the University and they hope someone or even some country, such as Australia, will host Deaf Way III.

Australia!? If someone would host Deaf Way III in Australia, I would be most definitely be there to help, no matter what.

Yes. Gallaudet University convened the first Deaf Way conference in 1989. The weeklong festival is said to be the largest event in any country devoted to deaf issues and the arts. More than 8,500 people from 108 countries have registered. I remembered that hugh tents had covered at university. I was there, too. Weather was hot and very humid.

Australia!? If someone would host Deaf Way III in Australia, I would be most definitely be there to help, no matter what.

Someone will host Deaf Way III in Japan when they said in several years ago but I never heard it yet.

Last edited:
Sorry, Jake. I didn't know much about the event, but I remember being told by several people that it was going to be the last one they hosted. Hopefully, there would be another one held somewhere else if not in Washington/the United States.

Back