Deaf view on a CI kid... its a bummer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanna show me the mathematical computation on that one, fuzz? BTW....you were doing "fine"? Do you know that fine is an acronym? It stands for fucked up, insecure, neurotic, and emotional.

Jillio...
What's up with you???

Calling someone "fucked up, insecure, neurotic, and emotional".... is this the way to insult someone... with the opportunity to say "I only explained what "fine" means".

I hope other people will see through it as well.

Originally Posted by shel90
About Deafies putting u down for not being "ASL" enough, that happened to me too when I first went to Gallaudet so I just ingored them and found the ones that are more like me....who learned ASL later. Those kind of deaf people are really the minority of the Deaf community or it is here in MD. If anyone looks down on u cuz of your signing, they are the ones who have issues not the whole Deaf community. We are all different and come from different backgrounds.

I just wanted to add - I was asked to leave a party at Gallaudet (during Rockfest) along with my group of friends from NTID, when we were conversing using signed English instead of ASL. Was quite an unpleasant experience as it was my very first (and last) visit there.

I am sorry what and how you have through... I really never thought how and what they did to you both and Calphool... It's unbelievable...

We have many oral with signing here in Germany... Some Germans went to Gallaudet to get diplima after 2 to 3 years... They positive the things about the people and Gallaudet... :dunno:

I know I make a bit :topic: but I like to share what I know from British guy and American guy from Florida.

British guy with American guy from Florida, we (Sunshinelady, my hubby & I) met last July told me that Gallaudet University is not good education enough but RNID, San Francoiso (sp) and ??Flag in Florida... British Guy and American guy study in Florida University "??Flag" (sp)... (I will check right word when I am home from work or anyone know those word ??flag.) They said that University in RNID, San Francoiso and Florida are best education... and suggest that Gallaudet is suitable for to learn ASL, also for students from the world... Is it true???

Originally Posted by jillio
.......... BTW....you were doing "fine"? Do you know that fine is an acronym? It stands for fucked up, insecure, neurotic, and emotional.
Jillio...
What's up with you???

Calling someone "fucked up, insecure, neurotic, and emotional".... is this the way to insult someone... with the opportunity to say "I only explained what "fine" means".

Mmmm... she was logged on when I wrote it..... Ah well....

Jillio...
What's up with you???

I didn't call anyone "fucked-up, insecure, neurotic, and emotional." I simply poiinted out that "fine" is used as an acronym for the above. It is up to you to put on the shoe if it fits, cloggy.

Originally Posted by jillio (Post removed)
Wanna show me the mathematical computation on that one, fuzz? BTW....you were doing "fine"? Do you know that fine is an acronym? It stands for fucked up, insecure, neurotic, and emotional.

I didn't call anyone "fucked-up, insecure, neurotic, and emotional." I simply poiinted out that "fine" is used as an acronym for the above. It is up to you to put on the shoe if it fits, cloggy.
Really...????
Like I said...
Jillio...
What's up with you??? Calling someone "fucked up, insecure, neurotic, and emotional".... is this the way to insult someone... with the opportunity to say "I only explained what "fine" means".

Mmmm... she was logged on when I wrote it..... Ah well....

Do you know what a ? is cloggy? Fuzzy said she was "fine". I adressed her with a questiont hat repeated her assertion. You are fine? (Inflection goes up). I then stated that "fine" was an acronym. I did not in the original post, or any post thereafter say, Fuzzy is .......nor did I say cloggy is.......

Get a grip. Go play some cards with your daughter, and gather your thoughts. Or better yet, work on some language development so that you can help make up that delay.

Do you know what a ? is cloggy? Fuzzy said she was "fine". I adressed her with a questiont hat repeated her assertion. You are fine? (Inflection goes up). I then stated that "fine" was an acronym. I did not in the original post, or any post thereafter say, Fuzzy is .......nor did I say cloggy is.......

Get a grip. Go play some cards with your daughter, and gather your thoughts. Or better yet, work on some language development so that you can help make up that delay.

Just listen to yourself. how pathetic... lashing and trashing without sense or reason.... some crazy incomprehensible blubber about "fine", "cards", and "delays".... are you grasping at straws? :ugh3:

You are making a spectacle of yourself again, Jill. Time to see your doctor.

Fuzzy

Mod Note:

If the belittling, finger-pointing and mocking doesn't cease real fast, this thread will get locked up...for good. Also, actions may be implemented such as warnings or possible banishment(s).

Please take greater care with how you post here in AD.

~RR

And all smiles stopped all together; guess that's what it takes, thanks, RR.

Just listen to yourself. how pathetic... lashing and trashing without sense or reason.... some crazy incomprehensible blubber about "fine", "cards", and "delays".... are you grasping at straws? :ugh3:

You are making a spectacle of yourself again, Jill. Time to see your doctor.

Fuzzy

Once again, fuzzy, was I pulling your chain? If anyone is making a spectacle of themselves, fuzzy, it is you, but you are not insightful or honest enough to see it.

*waving a white flag*

Boy it is interesting to see everyone SO passionate about their views on this issue. I admire their passion but no matter how hard or how many times you try to get your view across to another person, their perspectives will ALWAYS be different from yours. Cant we all just agree to disagree and know that each one of us have our own individual experience. It is not like one size fits all.

I may have benefitted greatly from oral only education while growing up but my brother did not. Clearly it showed that it was more of individual that determines the success, not the system itself. Systems may be flawed as such as parents not involved, crappy educational programs or unrealistic expectations but it does not thwart whole process.

Shel90 did mention that her brother struggled too while Shel succeeded so that really proves the point is that it is all based on individual - motivation, intelligence and visual/auditory/cognitive aspects as well. If I understnad correctly, Shel90's brother blossomed in his own environment.

Bottom line is - GIVE ALL KIDS ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TOOLS!! Then that will help determine what works the BEST for that particular child!!! I regret not learning sign language until I was 26 years old but I do not hold grudge against my parents - they did not know any better in 1960s when listening to John Tracy clinicians but I am grateful that they cared enough to try their best.

Nowadays, kids have access to ALL tools so why not in god s sake let them be exposed to everything instead of arguing which is best or whatnot.

*waving a white flag*

Boy it is interesting to see everyone SO passionate about their views on this issue. I admire their passion but no matter how hard or how many times you try to get your view across to another person, their perspectives will ALWAYS be different from yours. Cant we all just agree to disagree and know that each one of us have our own individual experience. It is not like one size fits all.

I may have benefitted greatly from oral only education while growing up but my brother did not. Clearly it showed that it was more of individual that determines the success, not the system itself. Systems may be flawed as such as parents not involved, crappy educational programs or unrealistic expectations.

Shel90 did mention that her brother struggled too while Shel succeeded so that really proves the point is that it is all based on individual - motivation, intelligence and visual/auditory/cognitive aspects as well. If I understnad correctly, Shel90's brother blossomed in his own environment.

Bottom line is - GIVE ALL KIDS ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TOOLS!! Then that will help determine what works the BEST for that particular child!!! I regret not learning sign language until I was 26 years old but I do not hold grudge against my parents - they did not know any better in 1960s when listening to John Tracy clinicians but I am grateful that they cared enough to try their best.

Nowadays, kids have access to ALL tools so why not in god s sake let them be exposed to everything instead of arguing which is best or whatnot.

QFT :ty:

That's exactly what I am advocating too. Very good post :)

Fuzzy

*waving a white flag*

I may have benefitted greatly from oral only education while growing up but my brother did not. Clearly it showed that it was more of individual that determines the success, not the system itself. Systems may be flawed as such as parents not involved, crappy educational programs or unrealistic expectations but it does not thwart whole process.

I did succeed academically but socio-emotionally, I was a mess. It took therapy for me to get over the past being in an all hearing environment 24/7. I wish I was enrolled in a BiBi program with both hearing and deaf kids.

I did succeed academically but socio-emotionally, I was a mess. It took therapy for me to get over the past being in an all hearing environment 24/7. I wish I was enrolled in a BiBi program with both hearing and deaf kids.

I agree - I had to go to counseling too to gain self esteem because I didnt know which world I belonged to...I wasnt deaf enough but I wasnt hearing enough either...hard to sit on the fence you know? Society makes it hard for me by labeling me so it always infuriates me when I see someone mocking another person for not signing ASL fluently or not talking clearly etc. We seem to be more against each other rather than outside.

Exactly. Language deprivation affects all area of an individual's life, and language delays creates other delays in other skills.

I'm trying to read that as a compliment, but I can't make it fit...

Don't tell me it's an insult....:slap:

Must be my (or your) language development..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back