Deaf view on a CI kid... its a bummer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
More likely it's case of PMS or menopause, Cloggy...

Fuzzy

Did you see post # 589? You are the first to violate it in such a short time. I hope you are censured in whatever way they see fit rather than closing this valuable thread.

Did you see post # 589? You are the first to violate it in such a short time. I hope you are censured in whatever way they see fit rather than closing this valuable thread.

Oh well.. if that happens then I am sorry.

what I found very humorous though is the way your beloved Jill is going berserk with her never ending off topic, personal insulting remarks every which way, everywhere and yet no one ever dares to tell her to stop....

just the way she replied to Cloggy kiss/hugs with the "kiss my butt" gif is so disgusting. on the second hand, I think the way she was applauded for it by her band of sycophants is even more disgusting..

Fuzzy

Oh well.. if that happens then I am sorry.

what I found very humorous though is the way your beloved Jill is going berserk with her never ending off topic, personal insulting remarks every which way, everywhere and yet no one ever dares to tell her to stop....

just the way she replied to Cloggy kiss/hugs with the "kiss my butt" gif is so disgusting. on the second hand, I think the way she was applauded for it by her band of sycophants is even more disgusting..

Fuzzy

No matter who started it...

All what I say is LISTEN and RESPECT moderator's caution post #589, period.

No matter who started it...

oh, it doesn't matter now????

interesting.. so it's okay to single me out publicly every time even if I am not the only one breaking the rules?
god forbid somebody told someone else to shut up once in a while...
that sure would be the end world as we know it..

Fuzzy

oh, it doesn't matter now????

interesting.. so it's okay to single me out publicly every time even if I am not the only one breaking the rules?
god forbid somebody told someone else to shut up once in a while...
that sure would be the end world as we know it..

Fuzzy

How come you still keep floorin' in each time when some one posted to ask you to respect ?

It shows obviously that you still refused to learn and keep doin' at floorin' - THAT shows your disrespected for post # 589.

It shows obviously that you still refused to learn and keep doin' at floorin' - THAT shows your disrespected for post # 589.

look at the post 959. That's respect for 589?
maybe according to you, but not me.

Fuzzy

look at the post 959. That's respect for 589?
maybe according to you, but not me.

Fuzzy

If the belittling, finger-pointing and mocking doesn't cease real fast, this thread will get locked up...for good. Also, actions may be implemented such as warnings or possible banishment(s).

Please take greater care with how you post here in AD.

..Umm..what part do you not understand?? Don't bring it up anymore, stick to what this thread is concerned with.

:squint:
~RR

Roadrunner
Don't bring it up anymore, stick to what this thread is concerned with.

With all due respect RR, I trust this applies to all participants in this thread.

Roadrunner

With all due respect RR, I trust this applies to all participants in this thread.

Indeed it does, however, when I stated for members to 'cease'...simply put, enough is enough. But.....go figure. ;)

~RR

I agree - I had to go to counseling too to gain self esteem because I didnt know which world I belonged to...I wasnt deaf enough but I wasnt hearing enough either...hard to sit on the fence you know? Society makes it hard for me by labeling me so it always infuriates me when I see someone mocking another person for not signing ASL fluently or not talking clearly etc. We seem to be more against each other rather than outside.

Absolutely, gemma. I run a group for deaf/hoh adolescents and young adults who are dealing with just such issues. This is exactly why I continue to say that we need to see our deaf children as more than their ears and their mouth. And also why I am against total mainstreaming int he majority of cases. Throughout the teenaged years, a kid develops his or her sense of identity, and peers are more of an influence at this point in time than are parents. If a teenager is not exposed to peers with whom he or she has someting as fundamental as communication in common, it is very difficult to form an accurace self concept. What happens with so many deaf kids at this point is that, not having any deaf peers or role models, they tend to judge themselves by the hearing peers they are exposed to. Because this is also a time when acceptance from peers is extremely important, and differences are also magnified, the deaf child ends up judge himself or herself according to hearing criteria, and even the most successful oral teenager still comes up short in their own eyes, because, quite simply, they still, no matter how well assimilated, are still not hearing. This has a very destructive influence on their self esteem and their self concept. The result is that they either end up in some form of thereapy, they engage in self destructive behaviors, or they become depressed, angry and bitter, and then withdraw into a world where they blame eveyone else and everything else for the fact that they don't feel good about themselves. I think we;ve seen some examples recently of what happens at that end of the spectrum. Youand shel are examples of what happens with a bit of counseling and the willingness to take responsibility for yourself and find associations within a group that is supportive and allows you to feel competent and accepted.

Indeed it does, however, when I stated for members to 'cease'...simply put, enough is enough. But.....go figure.

Oh NO NO NO honey, wait a minute here. I feel singled out simply because my views here are unpopular.

I take full responsibility for allowing my emotions to take the better of me, and not heeding your warning, BUT
the facts remains the FIRST to break your warning was JILLIO.

If, in fact, IF the rule applies to ALL participants in this thread - act accordingly, moderator.

Fuzzy

Society makes it hard for me by labeling me so it always infuriates me when I see someone mocking another person for not signing ASL fluently or not talking clearly etc. We seem to be more against each other rather than outside.

For some reason, while I also had times when I wondered what is my identity, I was spared some unpleasant behavior toward me from the hearing people.
I am not sayign I was NEVER faced with someone who treated in a consdescenig way, I did but these were few instances, and I always knew such people are morons anyway so their opinion didn't matter.

As for the deaf world- I met some nice people but majority I've met is very intolerant toward anyone who is not "deaf proud". This is especially evident here.

Fuzzy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back