Deaf Teennager

Fabian

Reaction score
My name is Fabian, I am DEAF since birth and proud to be one. I have a profund loss however ever since I was a kid I was introduce to the hearing world, a world once unknown for me. What sets me apart from others Deaf teens? Many factors, for once, I do not ASL unless a person only way to interact with me is by that mean, ( However I am strong believer that if you are a proud Deaf teen you should do both, because remember that you are still part of the Deaf community, that is why I took ASL courses, because I am proud of the Deaf, hard of hearing and hearing impaired, after all I am one of them) , I use the lip-reading methods however my speech is what amazes people, from speech pathologist to audiologist at my loss, not many deaf teens are capable to master it and only a few one can, I speak clearly without hearing myself, and I understand others without hearing them. Second, I am MULTILINGUAL, I speak English, Spanish ( I was born in Costa Rica) and Italian. I did an effort to master and break the "barriers" and showed people that EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE. Deaf people are not different, we have a heart, we have feelings and we have a STRONG DEDICATION AND DESIRE TO WHAT WE PROPOSE. If I am wrong? Prove it to me but my proof lies here, myself. I never took a different education than many deaf kids are taken, I am a senior in Great Bridge High School, in Virginia, USA, and the classes I take are with a hearing class. Let me tell you that it is amazing how a Deaf person is capable to change people point of view, I did it for this community and now my high school is starting to realize it, we are not different and I prove it to them. Here I am standing on top, a honor student with a GPA of 3.5, Athletics honors ( I am a Soccer and Volleyball player), and making a change in my community for the Deaf.

The reason I am here is because I want to meet with any one that desires to know me, it can be a parent that needs help on how to help their child so I can offer my own experience or even my mother, A STRONG FAMILY SUPPORT is what primary set the future of your child dear parent, don't give up, there is HOPE and if you dedicate your time to them, your child will be an outstanding person and will always be thankful for your support. If you are a teen and want to make friends, feel free to contact me, I would love to meet you and have a fun time as well as introducing to other friends of mine. I am single for all the curious girls out there and well, as the poem says, " You need to be deaf to understand", so if you are interested contact me and we can get to know each other.

If you want to chat here is my email and messenger msnIM : fabiangutz05@hotmail.com

Once again, if you are Deaf, or knows someone that is deaf, or if you are parent with a deaf child or children, let me tell you, You are special and nothing will change the fact that what really makes you "different" is the fact that you are seeing things the way many people don't, and that is a good thing.

Fabian
Here is my picture

Hello,

Welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay here ;)....

G'day Fabian,
Welcome to AD. Hope you'll enjoy your visit here. It's great you're multilingual. Good luck with your future studies.
Cheers! :wave:

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf Fabian! Nice introduction and hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD! ;)

Herzlich Willkommen zu AD

Come and share your posts here with us. :thumb:

:wave: :welcome: to Alldeaf Fabian!!! It's really nice to have you on this forum, and hope you have fun meeting other wonderful members at the same time!!! Have fun posting, and welcome aboard!!! By the way, I love your introduction, very very nice!!! :D

Fabian,

you can come back here and anytime you want posting...

You're the most welcome here on AD and let's breath away....
Enjoy!
:D

Thanks so much * english*
Muchas gracias * spanish*
Gracie a tu *Italian*

No language in the world can describe how thankful I am for the welcome. My intro is all ME, is a honest way to say hello to the Deaf community and the way I can say " Hey you know what, I BELONG HERE TOO!! ^_^", I apreciate the welcomes and warm comments.
*hugs*
Fabian

Welcome to AD, Fabian! :D

I am not from the 1950s, but like 1950s memorabilla...so your name (and screenname) made me think of Fabian the singer. :) He was the one who sang 50s songs like "Turn Me Loose" and "Tiger".

Here's a photo of Fabian:
fabian.jpg

Nancy said:
Welcome to AD, Fabian! :D

I am not from the 1950s, but like 1950s memorabilla...so your name (and screenname) made me think of Fabian the singer. :) He was the one who sang 50s songs like "Turn Me Loose" and "Tiger".

Here's a photo of Fabian:
fabian.jpg
LOL, well I posted my picture and you can judge, lol

Back