Deaf Signers with Glasses...

BoricuaChevere

Reaction score
Isn't it awkward and embarrassing when you're signing so fast or wide that you knock your.glasses clear off your face?

I was at a friends house and was signing so fast my glasses flew off lol. Share somw of your experiences! :)

Perhaps to avoid "glasses falling off" due to rapid signing- suggest the other person slow down.
aside: I don't sign-not exactly a "problem" so far.

Good luck in others slowing down a bit.

I'm not deaf but I'm a signer, and yes, it's happened to me. Not quite all the way off my face (due to style of glasses I think) but close enough. :giggle:

Lol yea I know what you mean hehe. I was watching this vid on YT about this terp who one time while interpreting for a constriction site knocked her glasses into a vad of cement rofl

Perhaps to avoid "glasses falling off" due to rapid signing- suggest the other person slow down.
aside: I don't sign-not exactly a "problem" so far.

Good luck in others slowing down a bit.
It's not just a "speed" thing. Sometimes it's just the flow of the signs' positions.

I doubt that slowing down would make a big difference.

Like you said, you don't sign, so you can't really relate to the experience.

Lol yea I know what you mean hehe. I was watching this vid on YT about this terp who one time while interpreting for a constriction site knocked her glasses into a vad of cement rofl
Yikes! :eek3:

I have done that and nearly killed someone with a fork or knife at a dinner table a few times...

Haha happened to me when I get excited signing with the others. Hence why I sign fast haha.

That's one of the reasons I started wearing contacts at the age of 13... however it still happens to me occasionally, with my sun glasses though. Lol.

Once, I was signing the music at church and I happened to be standing next to the communion table. I knocked over a jug of grape juice...luckily there was more...

Once, I was signing the music at church and I happened to be standing next to the communion table. I knocked over a jug of grape juice...luckily there was more...

lol, thats what happened to me when i signed big and i knocked someone's glasses off from his hand. oops...

I'm still learning to sign, but so far, I have not run into my glasses yet. I can never wear contacts so I hope I don't have a problem.

That has happened to me countless of times! I'm a fast signer and more than half of the time, the eyeglasses/sunglasses would be skewed on my face or it flies right off, haha. Although, contact lens remains to be handy!

I like to say that signing is hazardous. ;)

I am experience fast sign high skillls whoa awesome :) lol! I am leveling to more increase skills speed sign language than other slow
lol haha! I have speed fast! :lol:

oh dear LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but one time, I somehow thought I had misplaced my glasses and they were somewhere on my bed so pretty hard to find when you're nearsighted.

Back