Deaf siblings or relatives?

hootster

Reaction score
How many of you have deaf siblings and/or relatives? Just curious.

In my case, I have a younger sister who is deaf (born deaf like me). She is about a year and half younger than me.

hootster said:
How many of you have deaf siblings and/or relatives? Just curious.

In my case, I have a younger sister who is deaf (born deaf like me). She is about a year and half younger than me.

My father's mother is deaf.. she's late deafened so she speaks like a hearie.

My paternal uncles and paternal aunts have hearing loss to some extend.. They don't have to use hearing aids..but their losses show themselves up..

My father is hoh ( at moderate loss) and wear a HA like me ,I have severe and profound loss...

My mother , my sisters and my brother are perfectly hearing..

I'm the only hoh person among my cousins :(

I have 3 cousins that are deaf and there me. But one of my cousin never went to deaf school.

I am only hoh in my family but i have Hoh adopt son (my dear son) and also my father is beginning loosing his hearing due to his age. Also, I have what I usually called bro in law (my brother's wife's brother) is deaf..

I dunno know if it really causes my father loosing hearin g by turn way up volume on tv that cause him loosing hearing?

Im deaf in all of my family BUT, I had a great Aunt and a great Uncle who are deaf, but they died before I born. Also, I had a cousin who is deaf but died from having sick(example: her liver is in her lung area, her heart is in stomach area, you know?). Thats all. I bet in long time ago do have some deaf but never know abt them.

I'm a twin and my other half twin is deaf also, I'm sure you know who that is, She is also a member of AllDeaf, ^Angel^ is my twin sister. ;)

I have MANY Deaf siblings (both brothers and sisters)
as well as many hearing siblings

:)

Interesting that many of you have deaf sibilings and relatives.

Me and my sister are the only deafies on both side of the family going back as far as 5 generations.

What the heck? lol.

Cheri said:
I'm a twin and my other half twin is deaf also, I'm sure you know who that is, She is also a member of AllDeaf, ^Angel^ is my twin sister. ;)

Really?? I didnt know that! hahaha. But then again, I havent been here for that long.

Interesting. I have never met a set of twins who is deaf, nor heard of one.

My older sisters are twins too (26 years old). Yeah, my family is unique. Twins and 2 deafies. Lol.

hootster said:
Really?? I didnt know that! hahaha. But then again, I havent been here for that long.

Interesting. I have never met a set of twins who is deaf, nor heard of one.

My older sisters are twins too (26 years old). Yeah, my family is unique. Twins and 2 deafies. Lol.

Yes, they're genuine twins... the queens of this forum.. so be good with them :)

:) My mom and dad are deaf. My husband is deaf. I just adopted a little boy who is deaf. My sister and I were born hearing. :)

Back