Deaf School

taurizs

Reaction score
I wonder which one is the best deaf school for deaf children? I know about Maryland, Texas, Indiana and California at Fremont.

It depends on who those teachers are you feel comfortable with. I knew many teachers at california from my old college. I would pick california, yet, i didnt say school is the best. no I like california becasue i know some of those teachers who works than maryland. I dont know much about texas and Indiana but i am sure that i ll know who they are if i check them out.

visiting each of schools is the best thing to do first.

It depends on who those teachers are you feel comfortable with. I knew many teachers at california from my old college. I would pick california, yet, i didnt say school is the best. no I like california becasue i know some of those teachers who works than maryland. I dont know much about texas and Indiana but i am sure that i ll know who they are if i check them out.

visiting each of schools is the best thing to do first.

I agree...need to visit each school. What one school may work for one may not work for another. Depends on what you are looking for.

I agree...need to visit each school. What one school may work for one may not work for another. Depends on what you are looking for.
Agreed! Also doesn't it seem like even the schools that have a high popultion of mentally disabled/severe fall through the mainstream crack kids, very often still have a strong minority of very academic kids? Heck, even the severe fall through the mainstream crack kids, do get basic literacy abilty which is good.
Also, preschool and kindergarten at those Deaf Schools/programs tend to be really good too.
There are however really bad schools like USDB, Alaska State School for the DHH, and Hawaii School for the Deaf and Blind.

Kansas School for the Deaf is awesome. Oregon School for the Deaf...St Ritas......TLC.
And then again, a kid could attend a Deaf School (if it was a really crappy school) for some of the day, and then mainstream in local schools for the rest of the day.

Actually how do you measure good?

I also should mention that there are some stories coming out of schools you wouldn't expect........Like WVSDB......you'd expect that to be not exactly the world's greatest school. But some of the kids there attend state colleges!

Anyone who says Deaf schools are inferior to public schools just because they are schools for the deaf are idiots.

Back