Deaf Puppies/Dogs you know or not???

CatSaye

Reaction score
am sure some of you might know or not....

Speaking of deaf dogs, you know the breeders as DCA (Dalmatians Club of America) indicates that if the breeder receives any deaf puppies, they MUST PUT DEAF PUPPY DOWN!!!!! Because deaf pups have biting problems, unsocialable, etc which it is NOT TRUE!!!!

http://www.thedca.org/deaf1.html

http://www.thedca.org/redbook.html#Deafness

The problem is that deaf puppy can not hear from her or his mother growls or nips to the puppies whenever or whatever the littermate puppy did wrong, she nips to make them stopping doing wrong as hard nipping or else, but not the deaf puppy. It means we, the breeder, the trainer or the owner should have been training to teach the deaf puppy dont do nipping, use the stuffed toys and teach them by sign hand commands which it is not that hard.

DCA indicates that responsible breeders NEVER knowingly sell, place or give away deaf pups to pet homes. Deaf pups should ALWAYS be humanely destroyed by a veterinarian If the breeder doesnt listen the DCA rules to not put deaf puppy down, then DCA will revoke the breeder to loose the breeding license!!!!

One breeder contacted me about 10 weeks old deaf dal puppy for some help which the person dont listen DCAs because the person have a heart for this puppy and hopes to find a home by a deaf dog/special needs rescue. I got the puppy and trained which he knows sign commands, SIT, COME and HUGS before he was adopted in 16 weeks!!!!

Other breeder in South Atlanta, I was off two days at work, someone emailed to let me know that the breeder had a deaf puppy, so I did called and talked with the person due she said that if no one takes this puppy before Friday, she will take the pup to vet to put it down. I called her was on Wednesday. She understood what I am doing with deaf dog rescue, but unfortunately, the deaf pup already put in sleep yesterday. I said why?? She said she couldnt break DCA Ethical codes!!!!! I got mad and disquished and told the breeder lady, you are sicko and murdered the deaf pup!!! What if the deaf pup is very intelligent!!!

My point is that it is not the fault of the deaf puppy, it is the fault of the breeder who sells puppies for breeding.. not have their mom and dad to get fixed!!!!! Also would you guys put deaf human being babies?? Nope, it is the same situation with a deaf puppy!!!

Most hearing people think it is hard to training to a deaf dog which it is not true.. Believe it nor not, they are easily to train than a hearing dog for some reason!!!

Deafness in dogs and cats at http://www.lsu.edu/deafness/deaf.htm

You guys can see deaf dogs in various breeds at www.deafdogs.org to see how many are they?? It amazes to see that many deafies in various breeds, not only because of white coat with blue eyes... See them at http://www.deafdogs.org/adoption/

If anyone is looking for a deaf dog to be companion, feel free to email me at deafpaws@yahoo.com.

Thanks, Cathy
Deaf Dog Rescuer

I used to have a Deaf American Bulldog. Sadly, my exh and I decided to put him down. 1. he was nipping at my son when he was 4 yrs old and I had CPS came to my house about it. GRRRRRRR 2. Try to place in a good home but failed. 3. previous owner left the dog in the crated for more then 10 hrs a day. (go figure)

So that is why he was put down. If he was proper training then he would be still with me not my exh. :D

I am sure it s all over places in the world, not only dalmatians, it can be bulldogs, jack russells, english setters, pitbulls, whoever the breeders have hard time to sell deaf puppies, but things get better as we, the rescures for deaf dogs are responsiblie to track if they have then we have to save and train proper.

Of course the breeder and your ex hubby put it down!!!!

Pomernaian, I am curious how long did you had the deaf bulldog and how old was he before you got him in your home and what was his behavior to your son?? You meant snap or real bite???

CatSaye said:
Pomernaian, I am curious how long did you had the deaf bulldog and how old was he before you got him in your home and what was his behavior to your son?? You meant snap or real bite???

He was about 1 1/2 yrs old and I had him about 4 months. See this dog want to play but my son dont so he started to snip at him. The previous owner told me and my exh that he doesnt hurt the kid cuz he had a baby who is younger then my son. But after I brought him home and later down the road I realized that wasnt the case. I figure he want to get rid of the dog so that this dog would not hurt his baby also he left the dog in the crate for more then 10 hours per day which is not good for the dog. So this dog have no idea what not to do and what to do. It was so hard and I feel so sad that he didnt have the kind of life the he deserved.

Back