Deaf professionals and guided tours for the deaf visitors : questions

Marionduins

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

My name is Marion, I study in a university in Paris, France, in my 2nd year of master’s program in cultural accessibility for persons with disabilities. I chose this Master’s degree because I want to be Responsible for visitors with disabilities, in museums.

I am posting this message because I need your help for my personal research (It will not take long, I promise!).

1) What do you call the deaf professionals who lead guided tours for the deaf visitors? (in museum, theater, festivals…)? For example, you say: “museum guides training course for the deaf”? or “Deaf lecturer”? or “Deaf cultural guide” ? or other?

2) Do Cultural organization (museum, festival, theater…) prefer interpreters (in sign language) or deaf guides (in sign language) to lead guided tours for the deaf visitors?

3) Why?

Thank you so much to help me!

Marion.

Hello everybody!

My name is Marion, I study in a university in Paris, France, in my 2nd year of master’s program in cultural accessibility for persons with disabilities. I chose this Master’s degree because I want to be Responsible for visitors with disabilities, in museums.

I am posting this message because I need your help for my personal research (It will not take long, I promise!).

1) What do you call the deaf professionals who lead guided tours for the deaf visitors? (in museum, theater, festivals…)? For example, you say: “museum guides training course for the deaf”? or “Deaf lecturer”? or “Deaf cultural guide” ? or other?

2) Do Cultural organization (museum, festival, theater…) prefer interpreters (in sign language) or deaf guides (in sign language) to lead guided tours for the deaf visitors?

3) Why?

Thank you so much to help me!

Marion.
1. Their called tour guides
2. You should call around.
3. I'm not very helpful sorry

Back