Deaf People Want To Be Cured

Stop it. RR was saying you can't turn off vibrations and tinnitus, your response was "Well you can if you have hearing aids and CIs........LOL."

Hence my response.

Yesterday evening, after I took my hearing aids out for the night, I was sitting at the dining room table on my laptop and I felt a vibration. I checked my phone, nope. I don't think it was my laptop, I suppose it could have been, but I have no idea what it was. That is still kind of bugging me. :hmm:

Yesterday evening, after I took my hearing aids out for the night, I was sitting at the dining room table on my laptop and I felt a vibration. I checked my phone, nope. I don't think it was my laptop, I suppose it could have been, but I have no idea what it was. That is still kind of bugging me. :hmm:

You have no idea how often I have felt those phantom vibrations too. And no explanation for it. :lol:

You have no idea how often I have felt those phantom vibrations too. And no explanation for it. :lol:

HIDE QUICK B.O.B. HAS ESCAPED AND IS ON THE LOOSE RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!:naughty:

More than half of my life was 100% Deaf, so I am already at the point of no return. Cure? No thanks!

I only want cure something that is really annoying or painful. Being Deaf isn't annoying nor even painful, so no point of cure Deaf.

More than half of my life was 100% Deaf, so I am already at the point of no return. Cure? No thanks!

I only want cure something that is really annoying or painful. Being Deaf isn't annoying nor even painful, so no point of cure Deaf.

You need to qualify that as for you! There are people for whom it is very annoying and maybe even painful.

When I met u in NYC, I could see you were someone full of confidence unlike many of us who grew up feeling insecure from not fitting in and trying to be "hearing" when we actually aren't. U are so blessed that u never had to grow up living life as a "broken" hearing person.

Heyyyy when I met you and you do know how to have FUN that i was looking for. Actually I can see in you that you have lots of knowledges, and very considerate and concerns. Anyway, I understand what you are saying about feeling beig fit when you work so hard on speaking and read lip for so LONG then awkwardness for social skill has become issue at a much later, same for my hubbyy. He's excellent at speaking and read lip but his social skill may get tension when he feels stressed. I didnt realize that I do socialize with people who have awkward social skill anyway. I don't look into their flaws, and always look into their way of having a lot of FUN! p.s. Truefully, I do have some LOW self esteem in some way at some point.

lol, deaf who born or lost hearing during baby, wouldn't want to be cured. Too late.

teenage and adult who lost hearing, yeah, they do want to be cure. They miss music. that's it.

A pill would be wonderful!

I am HOH and would love to hear normally! I miss so much... conversations, music, etc. I wear hearing aids, but they are not really the answer. Lost my job at the age of 61 and am now 64 and can't find any decent work. Everything is PHONES!! I HATE phones. Would give about anything to hear.

I am HOH severe to profound. Yes. I would be delighted to be cured. All aspects of everyday life would be so different (and from my perspective, easy). Not going to happen though. Never going to happen.

Back