Deaf People & Jobs

Hi, I will be master network marketer. I am on the training. I love it.

finishing up last semester in university, so the next job: American Sign Language Teacher or working at a local art musuem as a docent guide (possible). I got a lot of choices, I just need to decide on one! ;-)

Software developer for 17 years. Though, my college degree has nothing to do with software programming. I learned how to program while working for my uncle's software buisness.

I'm a resident advisor. I was also a webmaster, a manager, and a general office manager in the past. :)

I am an architectural drafter/designer at a well-established architectural firm. I mostly specialize in residential buildings in the Pacific Northwest and sometimes in California. I love my job!

I will be going back to school this spring to finish my degree in Graphic Design. I have about two years left.

housekeeper -- been one for many times.

intervenor -- working with one deaf teen boy as substitute position.

I was a Records Management Officer in a Govt dept before I got put off in early July cos of not enough funding to keep me on (an excuse cos I was going away to UK). I am currently looking for a job.

finishing up last semester in university, so the next job: American Sign Language Teacher or working at a local art musuem as a docent guide (possible). I got a lot of choices, I just need to decide on one! ;-)

You are quite lucky that you have many choices, here deaf people in South Africa have very limited choices, I am so glad to see many skilled jobs, because in South Africa, deaf people primarily go into the unskilled labour force!

Thanks guys!!

Kashveera

I was a Records Management Officer in a Govt dept before I got put off in early July cos of not enough funding to keep me on (an excuse cos I was going away to UK). I am currently looking for a job.

All the best for your new job!!

Kashveera

I will be going back to school this spring to finish my degree in Graphic Design. I have about two years left.

Oh cool, so you will finish in 2008 like me, Awesome, well I will finish my degree next year, and then do my honors in 2008, and then I'm done as well!!

Kashveera

Hi.. Over here India is very poor rate of job provide... and high corrupt..I have been looking for Jobs for last 10 years.. But no luck.. So i hv start my own cyber cafe and designer and printing visiting card / manual / letterhead etc.. and also i am on contract for Govt Service for 3 years as IT assistant and more ever i am on training for website designer and as well as on computer hardware. So I have make the website special for deaf people to get together and help each other in the need of time. My site is : Deaf Friendship Club and Deafmatrimonial.com and very serious about the future of deaf people.. How I and other people are going to survive. so Help me and them.. God bless u

Hi.. Over here India is very poor rate of job provide... and high corrupt..I have been looking for Jobs for last 10 years.. But no luck.. So i hv start my own cyber cafe and designer and printing visiting card / manual / letterhead etc.. and also i am on contract for Govt Service for 3 years as IT assistant and more ever i am on training for website designer and as well as on computer hardware. So I have make the website special for deaf people to get together and help each other in the need of time. My site is : Deaf Friendship Club and Deafmatrimonial.com and very serious about the future of deaf people.. How I and other people are going to survive. so Help me and them.. God bless u

I have been to India and seen the dire poverty, but I think that the people of India are really one kind!! I have never seen such devotion to one's motherland ever in my life, and it is from that very unity in diversity that will make India grow and prosper.

I am so proud that you used your own initative!! Well, we as deaf people are usually stronger, so God help those who don't have a heart nor a single feelng of understanding or compassion.

Trust me, we will all be fine!!

Kashveera

I'm currently a team/project leader in IT (application development) for the state of NC.

I wanted to know what jobs you guys do? so that maybe one of us can do it? so post your jobs!!
Well, you might want to view my vlog to find out!

Intro Vlog (42 second video clip)

From what I gather, you do not seem to indicate knowledge of sign language, so just click on the [CC] button to get the captions. ;)

Also, I wish you luck in your studies. I read somewhere else that you have a job waiting for you when you graduate?!? Sweet. I wish I had that cushion when I graduated from Gally with an Accounting degree! :( Well, may you realize your dreams.

Well, you might want to view my vlog to find out!

Intro Vlog (42 second video clip)

From what I gather, you do not seem to indicate knowledge of sign language, so just click on the [CC] button to get the captions. ;)

Also, I wish you luck in your studies. I read somewhere else that you have a job waiting for you when you graduate?!? Sweet. I wish I had that cushion when I graduated from Gally with an Accounting degree! :( Well, may you realize your dreams.

Awesome stuff, just watched it, amazing the transition from the world of law to the educational world...WOW!!

That's right, I personally do no advocate sign language, but I understand that it is a way out as well!!

Thanks so much...Yeah, I do have a signed contract therefore I have to work damn hard to get out asap from campus!! LOL!!

I was told that I am born to realize my dreams!! Hope this prediction comes true...my speech therapist told me, live your dreams like the stars, you are truly an inspiration...that drives me along in life, and I have proved that nothing is impossible for someone who is deaf thus far!!

Nice to know you!!

Kashveera

I used to work for Government but I was told that I need to get a degree to promote. So I don't have a time to go back to school full time plus full time job. So I quitted. But I regretted. Oh well!

I used work for grocery stores, and Taco bell. Also at Deaf senior ciziten home. (I like this the most!)

So I am hoping to work for deaf senior ciziten again in Rochester when they build one. (Don't know when they'll start to build)

So now I am stay home mom and babysitter.

Back