Deaf people can dance!

zazulak44

Reaction score
i know this guy!!! :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gQyrI0sTGI]YouTube - White guy dance better than Chris Brown? WOW!!![/ame]

Wow, that is a very interesting dance! I like to study his slow dance, even dancing in a robot way. Thank you for showing this video. I love it. :thumb:

Hey, zazulak, I was googling how to learn ASL in east Texas, and I came across an old post of yours. I did not know it was so old, and I replied anyhow. My reply didn't show up, so I guess it doesn't matter either way lol :p.

Anyhow, I actually live in Longview myself. I became interested in learning ASL after we got a deaf dog (that isn't meant to sound offensive in any way). I catch myself trying to say things to him before I realize he can't hear or understand what I'm saying. I have to get his attention and sign commands to him.

That got me thinking, wow, there's so many deaf people here (I don't know how many in east Texas, but still) in this country that I can't effectively communicate with. I mean, I know there's lip reading, and they might be in the presence of someone who could help me speak to them. However, I would really like to know ASL myself.

How are you learning ASL. The post I read was sometime last year, so I don't know how far along you are into your education. I haven't been able to find anything on google near our area. I think there was something in Tyler, but thats a bit far if there is something closer to Longview.

Cool! I have seen a lot of Deaf/deaf people with amazing rhythm and dance moves. My son is one of them.

Hey...I also see, on the other hand, a bunch of hearing people that should never attempt to clap in rhythm or to dance.:lol:

:lol: I am sure. Actually I can drum, so rhythm is ok. Just can't dance.

:wave:well, I don't know how to drum, Botti...
different people's skills are what makes life intriguing...

I'm taking Zumba and with my learning disability I have more challenging time with sequence, spatial orientation and processing but I don't care how I appear to the other participants, I just enjoy.

when I saw "Deaf people can dance!" I thought - of course - why not?

cool video, just saw!:ty:
great dancing:D

...I am thinking of the good old days. My ex and I had a great time dancing. I couldn't believe how this man moves..talk about flash backs..let me tell you..then again maybe I won't..awwwwww..I miss him! :confused:

when I saw "Deaf people can dance!" I thought - of course - why not?

cool video, just saw!:ty:
great dancing:D

You are nicer than me. My first reaction to the title was, "Duh!" But it got me in here to see the video!:lol:

:ty: Jillio...sometimes I might be like "duh" too though. Dog training comes to mind. Sometimes certain things seem so...."hello"! - obvious to someone and it is easy to forget that people have so many back stories, lenses through which they filter things. I'm certainly not immune:giggle:

There are so many wonderful things as well as everyday things that people can do for themselves, even if they don't yet know it.

Yes, some deaf people could dance. Sometime some hearing people were surprised to see me dance. But it's all about the "beat". Let's face it, the music is usually blasting in the background where there's dancing. That even if we don't hear or understand the words of the song nor know what instrument they may be playing at certain times and so forth, we certainly feel or hear the "beat"! Even with just the hearing aid.

Back