Deaf parents- Did you buy any device to hear your baby crying or making noise?

bethsiar

Reaction score
I saw some things you can buy on hearmore.com where if the baby is crying it will alert the parent- I think by vibrating.

Has anyone bought anything like this and what do you recommend? The baby is due in November and I want to buy whatever I will need before it's born.

Thank you!

Hi Bethsiar,

There are alot of products that helps the deaf parents being alerted when the baby cries. I'd recommend for you to check Sonic Alerts because it is really excellent. There's the flashing types, vibrating types and it can be worked combined. There is another brand which is Alert Master which is a device that includes all of the necessities (door bell flasher, telephone flasher, baby alert, alarm). You also can check it up on www.harriscomm.com I hope you are finding what you look for and good luck with your endeavour! :)

I didn't. Hearing devices really throw me off. I use attachment parenting so we really haven't had any problems. I would wear him all the time and co-sleep at night when he was really small. Now that he is mobile, he understands that he needs to get mommy's attention and he has no trouble doing that!

At first I was really concerned. As a single parent far from family, I didn't know how it would all work out. I am proud to announce that both of us have survived 11 months so far.

I am a hearing parent of a deaf child, but I was just thinking about this question the other day. I was thinking about far, far in the future if my daughter has children how would she hear them cry at night. Thanks for educating me!!

i wanted get one for my future children but i cant hear of baby crying but its cool for vib of baby crying i saw on catalog about that because im deaf.

I used to have sonic boom and it really works great for me. I love it. If I did have another baby then I would use that sonic boom again. :D

Back