Deaf or deafblind Usher/Guest Service person at sports arena or stadium?

racheleggert

Reaction score
I wonder if deaf or deafblind person have ever worked as a Usher at any major sporting arena or stadium such as Staples Center or Wrigley Field or Pepsi Center?

I just had interview with Minnesota Twins. They will be playing at Target Field starting April 2010 and it is new stadium. Once I get hired then I would be pioneer and break record to be first Deaf or Deafblind Usher working in any major sporting arenas or stadiums. They will let me know in Jan. If I get hired, it would be good news for deaf Twins fans.

I wonder if deaf or deafblind person have ever worked as a Usher at any major sporting arena or stadium such as Staples Center or Wrigley Field or Pepsi Center?

I just had interview with Minnesota Twins. They will be playing at Target Field starting April 2010 and it is new stadium. Once I get hired then I would be pioneer and break record to be first Deaf or Deafblind Usher working in any major sporting arenas or stadiums. They will let me know in Jan. If I get hired, it would be good news for deaf Twins fans.

I have worked as an Usher at the Broncos games, Rockies games before.

A deaf guy worked as a VIP Host for the Broncos games, he met all sorts of celebrities.

Who did you worked through? Whelan Security or do those stadium or teams have own usher/guest service? Twins have their own ushers. Vikings/Metrodome use Whelan Security, Target Center and Xcel Energy Center have their own ushers. Sometimes when it comes to political rallies, they call on campaign or White House to assist with usher due to too many people.

Can you explain your experince with your old job? I would love to hear what you do. :)

Who did you worked through? Whelan Security or do those stadium or teams have own usher/guest service? Twins have their own ushers. Vikings/Metrodome use Whelan Security, Target Center and Xcel Energy Center have their own ushers. Sometimes when it comes to political rallies, they call on campaign or White House to assist with usher due to too many people.

Can you explain your experince with your old job? I would love to hear what you do. :)

These two places has their own security systems that I had to go through.
It's fun at times.
Ushers are pretty simple, just point people in the right directions, smile, enjoy the day.

I got the opportunity to play on the football field few times. There are some perks.

Im sure you will enjoy it. Good luck :)

Back