Deaf Of Other Countries

Usually, if I can't hear it my mom can't hear it either. So usually we have to pay attention.

I don't know why it is so difficult to enforce no cell phone during driving. A few people almost hit my car or I almost hit someone because they weren't paying attention.

Roadrunner said:
Nandlal, I can understand and sympathize for the fact that the Deaf/HoH culture/community lack the resources in areas such as technical advances, social/public awareness and other issues which exists in your country...Isn't there any Deaf/HoH clubs or groups available in any part of your country or does the country consider the plights(problems-difficulties) of Deaf/HoH not worth the attention it does deserves? If there isn't any such groups or functions available, isn't there a possibility that you or any other Deaf/HoH individuals could initiate(begin) such a group that would be beneficial and supportive for all Deaf/HoH people in your country?
There are some organisations in New Delhi and Bombay who are doing some work for Deaf/HoH.But still lot of work is to be done. We some parents of Deaf/HOH also made small group to discuss problems of Deafs/HOH and getting good result.My work is to teach deaf/HOH children.I am teaching them by making mostly by figures and diagram with local and english language.

Sweedish deaf community seems to be caught up in technology. Lots deafs in camfrog from sweeden.

Richard

Nesmuth said:
Sweedish deaf community seems to be caught up in technology. Lots deafs in camfrog from sweeden.

Richard

That is because they live too far apart between, so they turn to their computers to keep in contact without walking miles in snow. ;)

(I can make fun of Swedes since I am a Finn. :nana: )
Webcams are popular among the Europeans anyway so it is not surprising the deaf community would jump on this thread especially in northern Europe where urabn-like cities are sparse in these countries.

It is easy to use the technology to keep in touch with the deaf community, for example AllDeaf.com-- as you can notice several countries are using internet to access this website: USA, of course, Australia, germany, England, India, and many more. A decade ago, we wouldn't even know any deaf persons outside of our local city/town, not even from ANOTHER country.

The power of technology, gotta love it.

This is a very interesting discussion.

Speaking of Deaf people and driving... in Australia, we do not have any restrictions. Deaf people are treated the same way as hearing people here, and we do not have any special conditions. All we have to do whilst driving is be very alert and very aware of what is happening around you whilst driving - just keep on looking in the rear mirror and the door mirrors (drivers and passengers side).

Hearing aids are not necessary whilst driving in Australia - all you need to do is be observant.

Deaf people have excellent concentration skills - this is an advantage for driving.

shezzbeav said:
This is a very interesting discussion.

Speaking of Deaf people and driving... in Australia, we do not have any restrictions. Deaf people are treated the same way as hearing people here, and we do not have any special conditions. All we have to do whilst driving is be very alert and very aware of what is happening around you whilst driving - just keep on looking in the rear mirror and the door mirrors (drivers and passengers side).

Hearing aids are not necessary whilst driving in Australia - all you need to do is be observant.

Deaf people have excellent concentration skills - this is an advantage for driving.

We need that over in USA :D . Why is it so hard for US Americans to understand that we are normal? :wtf:

Back