Deaf newspaper report "Obama" that will surprise and shock you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebonang

Reaction score
I watch Deafnewspaper.com on the news saying that Obama knows ASL. He knows about the Deaf people. He supports them for being Deaf/HOH. This is really something wonderful if Obama become the President of United States and he will support us if we could let him know how we feel about using ASL instead of oral way. I just hope that AGBell don't interfere with him on getting him to use oral instead of ASL. I hope the news is true. I have not seen anything on the newspaper, not Deafnewspaper, not even online MSN news. Did you see somewhere on the news about Obama signing the ASL? :dunno2:

I watch Deafnewspaper.com on the news saying that Obama knows ASL. He knows about the Deaf people. He supports them for being Deaf/HOH. This is really something wonderful if Obama become the President of United States and he will support us if we could let him know how we feel about using ASL instead of oral way. I just hope that AGBell don't interfere with him on getting him to use oral instead of ASL. I hope the news is true. I have not seen anything on the newspaper, not Deafnewspaper, not even online MSN news. Did you see somewhere on the news about Obama signing the ASL? :dunno2:

I tried googling to see if Obama knows ASL. I just don't see it at all. Maybe a Deaf person had a big misunderstooding. Could you please send me the link to that particular vlog or news you were talking about?

AGB is a huge organization and could very well lobby for oralist ways easily. I agree that we Deaf people need to do something about the deaf education.

Obama was in Portland, Oregon when I was there over the weekend. I saw a line zigzaging thru downtown Portland for thousands of feet, maybe for a mile? Who knows!

Based on its track record, I do not consider DeafNewspaper a valid source for information.

I tried googling to see if Obama knows ASL. I just don't see it at all. Maybe a Deaf person had a big misunderstooding. Could you please send me the link to that particular vlog or news you were talking about?

AGB is a huge organization and could very well lobby for oralist ways easily. I agree that we Deaf people need to do something about the deaf education.

I watched Ken Davis on Deafnewspaper. He is a webmaster on the online Deafnewspaper. He always reports different topics of subjects for the news so that we can watch the news on the menu.

Here is the Url address: Deaf Newspaper, LLC. Hope you it is there now. If not, then it will show on the ASL TV news menu which is on the upper right side of the screen. :dunno2: :fingersx:

That is not what I put on for the Url address.

Deaf Newspaper, LLC Hope I get it in now. :fingersx:

I was hoping you would include the link to the exact vlog that you want me to see. I am on dial up so the loading of a website is real slow. If I have to look around, it would take so much of my time.

Obama has been to Oregon a few times now. My friend got t sit behind him this past weekend. He always has at least a few interpreters there. Before he went into politics, he spent his time helping the inner city kids and the poverty stricken areas to re-educate people that were dislocated due to jobs being shipped over seas. He helped with establishing homeless facilities and training and lots of stuff.. I does not surprise me to think he knows ASL. He is a genius ya know,, kind of a nice change to think of being represented world wide by a smart man... :)

Finally I got to see the part you (Bebonang) was talking about. It sounds like that Obama know some signs but not an expert at ASL. I would love to see him uses sign language.

I would like to see a video of Obama signing. I searched but found nothing. :(

Is he? Hmm.. Interesting. I wonder what his signing look like. :hmm:

If you can't cite the source or provide proof that Obama knows ASL then I think you're throwing this nonsense to get deaf people to vote for him. Good strategy but it doesn't work for me.

Deafnewspaper.com is not reliable source of news. I didn't find anything there and neither can I find anything on Google so I think you're cooking this political statement.

I do not care if ASL is the primary criteria for me to vote for US president. There are three major issues facing us today are economy, employment and war. Voting for a president who knows ASL without taking other things in consideration is bad.. bad idea. It's like black people voting for black president without looking at his qualifications (no offense intended but I heard few black people say that to me) is really stupid thing to do.

If you can't cite the source or provide proof that Obama knows ASL then I think you're throwing this nonsense to get deaf people to vote for him. Good strategy but it doesn't work for me.

Deafnewspaper.com is not reliable source of news. I didn't find anything there and neither can I find anything on Google so I think you're cooking this political statement.

I do not care if ASL is the primary criteria for me to vote for US president. There are three major issues facing us today are economy, employment and war. Voting for a president who knows ASL without taking other things in consideration is bad.. bad idea. It's like black people voting for black president without looking at his qualifications (no offense intended but I heard few black people say that to me) is really stupid thing to do.

You have a point there. I must admit that you are right. No one including me could not find a video or news report that Obama can sign the ASL or English sign language. I think we might be falling for the old trick into believing that the news are true.

Most regular newspapers and like Deaf newspaper are not always go for the true stories, they are just looking to making more money for the interesting stories that are not true. I have to agree with you one hundred percent.

Boy, I am very disappointed that it is getting to me to fall for it. Oh, well, strange tales find bedfellows if that is the right phrase. Hehehehe :giggle:

I wouldnt believe that til I see it myself.

I'm really not care if president know how to sign and will not vote because of like that, I'm just care about economy and war issue, that where president would know how to recover both of their issue than lousy president who know how to sign.

You have a point there. I must admit that you are right. No one including me could not find a video or news report that Obama can sign the ASL or English sign language. I think we might be falling for the old trick into believing that the news are true.

Most regular newspapers and like Deaf newspaper are not always go for the true stories, they are just looking to making more money for the interesting stories that are not true. I have to agree with you one hundred percent.

Boy, I am very disappointed that it is getting to me to fall for it. Oh, well, strange tales find bedfellows if that is the right phrase. Hehehehe :giggle:

Since when did a U.S. President know how to use sign language, or ASL, They are too busy, tending to bullshit issues, and simply I don't buy this Obama ASL story...

It just sounds so damn corny... after all that campaigning, each state,... I doubt that Obama knows anything on sign language or ASL, except maybe 2 that I know of...

The "bird" and the "I love you" sign,

Whoever cranked up this one, is definitely getting his/her chain pulled!:topic:

I'm really not care if president know how to sign and will not vote because of like that, I'm just care about economy and war issue, that where president would know how to recover both of their issue than lousy president who know how to sign.

Exactly, I do not vote president because he/she can sign but their political experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back